Wow, no respect on Baseball Tonight

FlaCWS

QUOTE(CubKilla @ Feb 28, 2005 -> 03:16 PM)
When the Sox win something then don't get any recognition I'll get pissed.

Ignoring accomplishments is worse than disrespect. Not that we've accomplish much lately; which is why I don't complain when Harold Reynolds or John Kruk fail to acknowledge our presense.

What irritates me more is local coverage which obscures White Sox news for Cub Propoganda. Cubs lose: stories are centered on explaining their collapse; accompanied with usual scape goats and curse nonsense. Cubs win: media shifts into overdrive; World Series tickets are printed, and feeble Sox fans are "jealous". Cub's 2003 magical run set a dangerous precedence for covering Northside baseball. They will always remain the story.

If any team merits disrespectful status it's Minnesota. Three time division champions, and they were practically ignored entering ALDS. Similarly, a divisional title won't change the national media's exposure of our club. Advancing far into the playoffs, however, will.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing that bothers me about these things is when writers or the analysts don't do their homework. For instance when Neyer wrote about the least improved teams and didn't mention the Sox picking up Dye and blamed it on one of his "guys." Do your job and do your fricken hw, other then that I could care less what these guys opinions are.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 27, 2005 -> 08:05 PM)
:P  :P  :P  :P  :P

Can I just ask one thing for this season? Can we please not have daily threads on BBTN and how they don't have a clue???

ESPN, and especially Baseball Tonight, have always been bandwagon jumpers, and for good reason. There a national TV show, so there telling people who the hot/cold teams are at the time. The Sox haven't made any "sexy" moves this off season(the big FA,big trade) but added a bunch of smaller pieces to the puzzle. BBTN is not for a lot of people on this board, because 90% of us are die hard baseball fans, and that is NOT what BBTN caters to at all. It caters to the casual fan.

Take it for what it's worth. And don't worry, they will hop on the bandwagon come July..... :gosox3:

This is true. After the Garcia trade last year, Gammons had the White Sox winning the World Series.

:P  :P  :P  :P  :P

Can I just ask one thing for this season? Can we please not have daily threads on BBTN and how they don't have a clue???

ESPN, and especially Baseball Tonight, have always been bandwagon jumpers, and for good reason. There a national TV show, so there telling people who the hot/cold teams are at the time. The Sox haven't made any "sexy" moves this off season(the big FA,big trade) but added a bunch of smaller pieces to the puzzle. BBTN is not for a lot of people on this board, because 90% of us are die hard baseball fans, and that is NOT what BBTN caters to at all. It caters to the casual fan.

Take it for what it's worth. And don't worry, they will hop on the bandwagon come July..... :gosox3:

Tony, I can't agree with you anymore on this.. Who knows Minny might have injuries like we did last year.. OO wait they did..

WHo cares about BBTN esp this early in the game, its a crap shoot, we all know that almost no one knows what is going to happen, this time last year, did anyone think the cards would go on the tear that they did? NOPE, they had the Cubs and Red SOx in the series..

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 01:36 PM)
I'll try to help this thread out Yasny, the only reason why I watch Baseball Tonight is because of baseball, the hosts piss me off sometimes.

Sure they do. As they do me. But I know it's because my opinion is somewhat biased. And after all these years of being a Sox fan, jaded is a possibility as well. :)