White Sox vs. Rockies (3/2/2005)

thomsonmi

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont really look at the wins and losses record. i just care about what the sox regulars do. i know its just spring training but a-row needs to be better with a man on 3rd less than 2 outs, he wasnt to good at that last yr.

Ozzie's probably pissed right now :D

so what exactly were Pod's' numbers today?

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Mar 2, 2005 -> 03:52 PM)
People you do realize that most of the first 2 weeks of sprint training most pitchers are working on new stuff right?

Marte should be fine..

For me to poop on...

:chair  :lolhitting

Um, just so you know he is one of the best relievers in baseball. But once more let's not let the facts get in the way or anything.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Mar 2, 2005 -> 05:26 PM)
i dont really look at the wins and losses record. i just care about what the sox regulars do. i know its just spring training but a-row needs to be better with a man on 3rd less than 2 outs, he wasnt to good at that last yr.

Ozzie's probably pissed right now :D

so what exactly were Pod's' numbers today?

Wo0t 19 at-bats tells all and ends all. Give me a break.

I look at spring training the same every year. You cant disect the bad parts of the game. It is too early to judge a player on mistakes, rustiness etc. But you should always look at what went right as a barometer of how the team will play. I think Spods effort shows us all that he has a different approach this year. I think the promise of the young guys shows us that when we need to rid ourselves of some big contract, they will be ready. Too early to be down on the negatives.

For me the only big dissapointment is Crede making that weak out on the 1st pitch with men on base. This guy is not a smart hitter. The pitcher was on the ropes, you've guys on who can run which means the pitcher has to be aware of them, so work the count. With Crede there should be an iron clad rule: NEVER SWING AT THE 1ST PITCH.

Maybe we could buy Ted William's frozen head and sew it onto Crede's body. That could help.

THE Jeff Baker hit the 3 run homer;

Jeff Baker hit a three-run homer in the top of the ninth off Felix Diaz today in the Rockies' 8-4 win over the White Sox.

Starters Jamey Wright and Jon Adkins each pitched a pair of scoreless innings, but the relievers weren't as impressive. Damaso Marte surrendered two runs in the sixth and took the loss.

QUOTE(Pods70Rowand33 @ Mar 2, 2005 -> 06:04 PM)
Hey, sorry i had school today so i was only able to hear the bottom of the first, then i had softball tryouts.  Could anyone tell me if anyone did good today, and who did bad.  Or just a short summary of the game, if anyone heard it.  Thanks

Pods was 3-3 including a bunt single. He also stole second after his first single.

Dont any of u people work or do u have so much free time at work. Dang im on lunch got to go back on the street> keep the play by play going I'll catch it later. Thanks.

This was what I was going to post around the top of the 3rd inning but the traffic on this thread made it impossible. Wow ! Peeps be missin' White Sox baseball. :gosox3:

The things I took from the hour or so i got to listen to today's game:

great start for pods, keep it up bud. It's always nice to see a new guy to so well right off the bat.

Uribe getting picked off at 2nd bothered me.......shouldn't happen, ever.

And that's about it.

Another game tommorow.

So cool to be able to say that again :D

I realize judging off the 1st game isn't always a good idea but I would rather see Cotts go back to the minors and have Adkins take the final bullpen spot. I know that would leave Marte as the lone lefty but Viscaino is solid vs. Lefties also. Thats just me though...

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Mar 4, 2005 -> 01:14 AM)
I realize judging off the 1st game isn't always a good idea but I would rather see Cotts go back to the minors and have Adkins take the final bullpen spot. I know that would leave Marte as the lone lefty but Viscaino is solid vs. Lefties also. Thats just me though...

I think that's what most people want around here, but it looks like the Sox are going to carry Cotts anyway;

Although he had a 4.65 ERA in 62 innings as a rookie last season, the Chicago Sun-Times reports that Jon Adkins would likely be back at Triple-A if the season started today.

In his effort to make the team, Adkins pitched two scoreless innings yesterday, giving up a lone hit to Todd Helton. ''Ozzie [Guillen] has been behind me from Day 1,'' Adkins said. ''Him giving me the opportunity, I appreciate that.''