Scheduling Software

Texsox

Is anyone familiar with scheduling software that will interface with Quickbooks? I am purchasing a service company that has some regularly scheduled customers and a bunch of 1 time only jobs. I want to be able to see the schedule at a glance for the next 6 months and be certain that all jobs get billed accurately.

Thank you. I've been looking and trying to balance how much firepower I need vs. cost. I am also trying to determine if I really need anything more elaborate than a note on my calendar.

To interface with quickbooks you will need something a little more robust, but not as fancy as some of these programs are.

I think if you got a middle of the road shareware program (not more then $50) you will get your results.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 10:39 AM)
To interface with quickbooks you will need something a little more robust, but not as fancy as some of these programs are.

I think if you got a middle of the road shareware program (not more then $50) you will get your results.

A good friend of mine from the corporate wars, pulled his escape chute and bought and greatly expanded a lawn care company. He's got four rigs running around the Rio Grande Valley and uses a real top of the line program. I love some of the features but spending $1000 is silly for my application at this time.

I also need something that will link to my Palm. I want instant access.

As I am reaquanting myself with Quickbooks, I am marveling at all they accomplished with a couple hundred dollar package.

I've already eliminated about $2,000 a year in expenses that the previous owner was spending on book keeping and payroll. That was on top of his CPA and legal costs. I need to keep the CPA and probably expand his role in all this, but not using Quickbooks Deluxe payroll solution seems like a waste of money.

Edited by Texsox

CPA's are good Tex (shameless plug here)

:lol:

Seriously, if a CPA can't save you what you pay them, they're not the best CPA. Sometimes, a CPA can give you ideas that generate enough money to triple what you pay them over a year.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 11:11 AM)

Seriously, if a CPA can't save you what you pay them, they're not the best CPA.  Sometimes, a CPA can give you ideas that generate enough money to triple what you pay them over a year.

I'm a big fan of CPAs and Lawyers. I am not a big fan of a "book keeper" who charges 500 dollars to send out 25 invoices, balance the checkbook, and send out payroll. I can cut the invoices in under an hour a month total, balance a checkbook is a breeze with Quickbooks, and payroll services for small businesses are dirt cheap now.

The key is working with a CPA before getting too far down the road. This business is going to be a challenge based on some current situations. My wife, son, and daughter will be helping at various times. I am starting to think about the tax implications of paying my son versus a big, jumbo, allowance. Doesn't every kid get a $200 per week allowance? :D

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 09:11 AM)

Seriously, if a CPA can't save you what you pay them, they're not the best CPA.  Sometimes, a CPA can give you ideas that generate enough money to triple what you pay them over a year.

Couldn't say that more. If someones running a complicated business and they want to do there own taxes, odds are unless they are a genius of tax code, they would save a lot more going to a good CPA.

However, Quickbooks, like Tex says, basically does what a bookkeeper does. I just set up a quickbooks system at our office thats semi complicated simply because of all the accounts and we programed some middlewear stuff to apply to the industry we are in.

But its basically got rid of the part time bookkeeper and my god is it more efficient and the data is superior simply because the system is built right.

Just make sure you get everything set up right from the get go, otherwise it can be a pain in the ass.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 04:48 PM)
I'm a big fan of CPAs and Lawyers. I am not a big fan of a "book keeper" who charges 500 dollars to send out 25 invoices, balance the checkbook, and send out payroll. I can cut the invoices in under an hour a month total, balance a checkbook is a breeze with Quickbooks, and payroll services for small businesses are dirt cheap now.

The key is working with a CPA before getting too far down the road. This business is going to be a challenge based on some current situations. My wife, son, and daughter will be helping at various times.  I am starting to think about the tax implications of paying my son versus a big, jumbo, allowance. Doesn't every kid get a $200 per week allowance?  :D

Tex, I'd definately get a tax guy just to help plan things out. A good tax planner can really help you save a lot of money and he can do it again when it comes to filing taxes and makes sure you get the most out of your itemized deductions.