New Rap War?

The Critic

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(flippedoutpunk @ Mar 2, 2005 -> 12:25 AM)
i dont know if anyone mentioned this yet but game is still part of shady/aftermath so im real interested to see whats going to happen with all that, and i cant wait to hear what dre has to say

oh yea, hes still affiliated with interscope and underneath that shady/aftermath. What i found interesting was that i read on mtv.com that Interscope was about to drop The Game from its label, until 50 stepped in and promoted The Documentary. Im not sure that dre would be that upset. As long as Game is under his record label, hes happy im sure. And i cant say that im surpirsed by this. What do you expect when you just put some guy you just found on the west coast into an already existing rap group that was friends and grew up together (I know that 50, Banks, and Yayo literally grew up around the corner from each other in Southside Jamiaca Queens, not sure about Buck though, who is from the souht)

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 11:09 PM)
It was supposed to be "Guerilla Unit" but then that animated band "The Gorillaz" came out around the same time so now they just use it as "Gangsta Unit" I can't wait for Jadakiss' and Fat Joe's responses, I wish Nas would do one but it sounds like he's not worrying about it too much. Interesting stuff said by 50 in the NY radio interview (allhiphop.com), not sure how much is believable, but seriously Piggy Bank and his new CD is garbarge, and The Documentary s***s all over it. The Game is probably better off this way, it's all for publicity though, funny how this all happens 2 days before the album release

I could have sworn I've seen clothing that says Guerilla Unit.

QUOTE(shagar69 @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 11:29 PM)
oh yea, hes still affiliated with interscope and underneath that shady/aftermath.  What i found interesting was that i read on mtv.com that Interscope was about to drop The Game from its label, until 50 stepped in and promoted The Documentary.  Im not sure that dre would be that upset.  As long as Game is under his record label, hes happy im sure.  And i cant say that im surpirsed by this.  What do you expect when you just put some guy you just found on the west coast into an already existing rap group that was friends and grew up together (I know that 50, Banks, and Yayo literally grew up around the corner from each other in Southside Jamiaca Queens, not sure about Buck though, who is from the souht)

Isn't Young Buck going to jail for stabbing some guy at the Source awards?

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Mar 2, 2005 -> 12:31 AM)

yea, they got their own clothing company and if IIRC G-Unit has also signed a deal with Reebok. Like I said before, G-Unit/Shady Aftermath own music right now

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 11:31 PM)

who would buy such a thing?? :bang

:ph34r:

QUOTE(shagar69 @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 11:35 PM)
yea, they got their own clothing company and if IIRC G-Unit has also signed a deal with Reebok.  Like I said before, G-Unit/Shady Aftermath own music right now

So 3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 is wrong when he says it stands for Gangsta Unit now?

QUOTE(shagar69 @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 11:35 PM)
yea, they got their own clothing company and if IIRC G-Unit has also signed a deal with Reebok.  Like I said before, G-Unit/Shady Aftermath own music right now

All of the shady clothes when they first came out pissed me off. Everything was over a hundred bucks and the shirts were like 25. I am not a fan of shady clothing anyway, the wrists on the hoodies seemed to tight and not that big of variety.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 11:41 PM)
lol here's the thing about Young Buck

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/1117044youngbuck1.html

I assume he turned himself in, anyone have any other info?

wow that sucks.. i hope he doesnt stay in jail for too long if he goes at all, hes my fav member of g-unit now that game is out

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Mar 2, 2005 -> 12:41 AM)
lol here's the thing about Young Buck

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/1117044youngbuck1.html

I assume he turned himself in, anyone have any other info?

yes, u do normally go to jail after stabbing someone, lol. I doubt he will though. He will get around it somehow. Although i could be wrong, since Tony Yayo is already in jail for a minor crime, weapons possesion or somethin IIRC

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Mar 2, 2005 -> 12:37 AM)
So 3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 is wrong when he says it stands for Gangsta Unit now?

i dont know if hes wrong, but i never heard that. And I do know for a fact that orginally it is supposed to be Guerilla Unit named after troops in WWII. I assume that it still is

yes, u do normally go to jail after stabbing someone, lol. I doubt he will though. He will get around it somehow. Although i could be wrong, since Tony Yayo is already in jail for a minor crime, weapons possesion or somethin IIRC

Or maybe for dealing coke as his name refers. :lol:

good night guys, fun thread

EDIT: quoted the wrong guy

Edited by KipWellsFan

QUOTE(flippedoutpunk @ Mar 2, 2005 -> 12:48 AM)
i wouldnt be surprised..  if you listen to some of these guys' lyrics they even give you the damn recipe for making coke.  easy money

haha. do u know the actual reason as to why yayo is in jail? i thought it was for some weapons charge, but is that right?/ :huh

QUOTE(shagar69 @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 11:51 PM)
haha. do u know the actual reason as to why yayo is in jail? i thought it was for some weapons charge, but is that right?/  :huh

His situation, though, has been anything but abstract. His well-documented troubles started on December 30, 2002 when Yayo, 50 Cent and three others were arrested for gun possession before a pre-New Year's Eve show in New York. Yayo had been on the run from multiple warrants and his arrest led to a year-long stint in jail. In January 2004, just one day after being released, Yayo was caught for having a fraudulent passport, earning him another four-and-a-half months in federal prison.

QUOTE(shagar69 @ Mar 2, 2005 -> 12:06 AM)
wait if that was in jan 2004, shouldnt he be out by now?

That is the latest i found about him jail wise. Might have been more because it was not an extensive search.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 2, 2005 -> 08:03 AM)
I finally got done reading this gem of a thread.  I have one question, and people don't have to answer it.  But was anyone who replied in this thread anything other than a teenage to 20's white male?  (besides Soxy and Noam of course :wub:)

Well, the guy who started the thread is in his early "senile's".... :D....although technically, starting the thread isn't replying to it.......see what I mean about senile?

Edited by The Critic