New Rap War?

The Critic

Most of these posts are nonsense.

He was shot in the face, more specifically the mouth and was hit multiple times. Some times people just do not die from gun shots. Look at Shug, he was shot in the head and was fine, Tupac was shot and was killed.

As for being able to write lyrics, I doubt any one on this site can write lyrics even close to 50's or the names mentioned, because if you could you would be selling millions of records. But then again, I bet you can all write Shakespeare in perfect iambic pentameter, etc, because you are all genius.

:: shrugs::

So much venom, but I doubt that 50 or any of them would care about a bunch of jealous internet posters. I mean, how many albums have you produced lately?

Thats what I thought.

lol

Hilarious.

SB

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 06:30 PM)

He was shot in the face, more specifically the mouth and was hit multiple times. Some times people just do not die from gun shots. Look at Shug, he was shot in the head and was fine, Tupac was shot and was killed.

As for being able to write lyrics, I doubt any one on this site can write lyrics even close to 50's or the names mentioned, because if you could you would be selling millions of records. But then again, I bet you can all write Shakespeare in perfect iambic pentameter, etc, because you are all genius.

So much venom, but I doubt that 50 or any of them would care about a bunch of jealous internet posters. I mean, how many albums have you produced lately?

Thats what I thought.

lol

Hilarious.

SB

You want to know my problem with these no-talent "rappers"?

(I'll probably get shot now).

They are a bunch of whiny ass no-talent assholes who pray on a bunch of inner-city kids to make their money. They talk about s*** that has no business being sold as "art".

Hilarious. That's just f***ing hilarious. "Gangsta rappers" don't deserve what they have. They have "talent", so use it on something else besides rhymes about their beyotches and their guns and sheyat.

'Nuf said.

Half the posters on this site could write better lyrics than 50 cent, including myself. It's kind of hard to sell the thug image when you're a 150lb white boy from the suburbs. Just because none of us have ever released a record means we cannot criticize 50 cent? Give me a f***ing break.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 12:35 PM)
They are a bunch of whiny ass no-talent assholes who pray on a bunch of inner-city kids to make their money.  They talk about s*** that has no business being sold as "art".

They have "talent", so use it on something else besides rhymes about their beyotches and their guns and sheyat.

So, do they have talent or not? Which is it?

Agreed that they market violence to inner-city youths and that isn't a good thing. But to say that someone like 50 Cent or Eminem isn't talented is just plain wrong.

Eh. I take your point and I'll bow out of this thread. But it pisses me off when people defend these guys like they are something. They could do a hell of a lot more then they do to HELP instead of shooting people all over the place. It sucks that they live the way they do, but part of me says they ask for it.

I took this thread as humor, not as a smart ass kind of thing and to see that answer sort of threw me. Whatever.

/Out

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 12:30 PM)

Thats what I thought.

lol

Hilarious.

SB

Well I'm sorry that I grew up white, in the suburbs, and can actually put together sentences without having to use the words "n*****", "b****" or "ho".

Also, I haven't made any s***ty rap albums, but I've got good money saying I lvie to be at least 40, which is something this f***ing tool can't say.

And I really doubt that 50 and his crew who couldn't hit a target from five yards away could give a s*** what you say either. Again, if they aimed down the sight, they'd be much more efficient in eliminating their talentless brethren. So please, save us the school lesson and shut the f*** up already.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 12:36 PM)
Half the posters on this site could write better lyrics than 50 cent, including myself.

And I'll bet that you couldn't get up on stage and perform them without looking like a complete ass. I'll bet that most people on this board couldn't record a rap song in a studio and sell a substantial amount of records.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 12:41 PM)
Eh.  I take your point and I'll bow out of this thread.  But it pisses me off when people defend these guys like they are something.  They could do a hell of a lot more then they do to HELP instead of shooting people all over the place.  It sucks that they live the way they do, but part of me says they ask for it.

I agree.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 12:38 PM)
So, do they have talent or not?  Which is it?

Agreed that they market violence to inner-city youths and that isn't a good thing.  But to say that someone like 50 Cent or Eminem isn't talented is just plain wrong.

Eminem has mad skills...

oh yeah and by the way I now wish to be refered to as "Khaos" or maybe "K-oz"

hyphens are good....what you guys think? the name is the hardest part....

Edited by Controlled Chaos

QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 12:42 PM)
And I'll bet that you couldn't get up on stage and perform them without looking like a complete ass.

That was exactly my point. The part of my quote which you chose to leave out.

Hurt, I'm also of the mind that the whiny pop artists like Chris Carrabba of Dashboard Confessional, etc. etc. etc. end up stealing their lyrics at gunpoint by going into a Dennys at 4 am and stealing the notebooks from teenage girls that are so goth and depressed they s*** bats. Excuse me if I like grown adults not writing songs that sound lyrically like they came out of a freshman in high school.

Vanilla Ice was also able to get up and make an ass out of himsel--er, perform his routine. That doesn't mean he has musical talent. I mean, he ripped off "Under Pressure" from Queen for f***'s sake.

And Soxbadger, there is a difference between a sonnet and:

I take you to the candy shop

I'll let you lick the lollypop

Go 'head girl, don't you stop

Keep going 'til you hit the spot

What deep, thought provoking lyrics! It's not like other bands don't have the lyrical "talent" (used very loosely with 50 Cent lyrics) to make these songs, most bands just avoid them because they are crap.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 01:21 PM)
Excuse me if I like grown adults not writing songs that sound lyrically like they came out of a freshman in high school.

Nothing wrong with your choice, but your dislike of gangsta rap doesn't make people like 50 Cent "talentless." I'd guess that, like most other people on this site (including myself), you would fail miserably if you even tried to put together a rap song.

Hell, I'll even admit that Britney Spears has more musical talent than I do. At the very least, she can sing a hell of a lot better than I can.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 01:31 PM)
Nothing wrong with your choice, but your dislike of gangsta rap doesn't make people like 50 Cent "talentless."  I'd guess that, like most other people on this site (including myself), you would fail miserably if you even tried to put together a rap song.

Hell, I'll even admit that Britney Spears has more musical talent than I do.  At the very least, she can sing a hell of a lot better than I can.

50 is just another version of Vanilla Ice -- better packaged but still just another dancing monkey clapping the little cymbals for the organ grinder. He's got the "talent" to put on the image mask and go about it but can get by with a half-assed job of lyrics that could have been written by a young, horny child. I do have to say he writes his own songs (however badly and devoid of anything of probative value) unlike a lot of the pop morons paraded on TV.

I like Eminem because he's gotten past the "Hey, I get lots of sex" and "Er'body in da club gettin' tipzy!!!11!1!" lyrics & makes songs that are personal reflections without playing so much to the prepackaged thug imagry.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 01:31 PM)
Nothing wrong with your choice, but your dislike of gangsta rap doesn't make people like 50 Cent "talentless."  I'd guess that, like most other people on this site (including myself), you would fail miserably if you even tried to put together a rap song.

Hell, I'll even admit that Britney Spears has more musical talent than I do.  At the very least, she can sing a hell of a lot better than I can.

Mainstream rap succeeds with a blend of street credibility, marketability, and talent (least important.) Surviving gunshots covers 'street cred', affiliation with Eminem/Dr. Dre fills marketability, and his lyrics/singing talent are often muffed by loud beats. 50's not necessarily rapping as much as talking "breezy;" a termed used in "Wangsta."

Now, take into account I'm a fan of rap music. Several of 50's songs I enjoy. However, he's the least talented of mainstream rappers on the market. Honestly, I could rap better than 50 if given the opportunity. Difference is I'd be laughed out of the studio. Picture entering the rap business as a urbanized version of American Idol.

Addressing a comment earlier: although I can't locate the website, a large percentage of rap albums are purchased by people who live outside city limits. Those who have no experience dodging bullets, or selling drugs to survive.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 06:30 PM)

If I say that Billy Koch sucks, you'd probably tell me that I have no right to criticize him since I've never pitched in the majors.

That's the type of argument that you have resorted to.

And it's a dumbass argument, to say the least.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 01:42 PM)
50 is just another version of Vanilla Ice -- better packaged but still just another dancing monkey clapping the little cymbals for the organ grinder.

No, 50 is a much better rapper than Vanilla Ice.

BTW, the "marketing" excuse that you're using only covers the gangsta rap genre. You fail to mention how rappers like MC 900 Foot Jesus and The Disposable Heroes of Hiphopracy got record deals and made it onto MTV. No talk of gangs, drugs, or b****es from those guys. They did their own thing and achieved commercial success. I doubt that someone like you (or I) could do the same without years of practice.

For all the talk, Ive yet to see 1 person in this thread come up with even 8 lines.

The candy shop song, its classic A, A, A, B format. Im sure you are well aware of this because you are so versed in writing formats, but the fact of the matter is rap imitates famous poets.

You say they have no talent, well Biggie and Jay-Z dont even write lyrics, they do the song allegedly in 1 take. Ie, they hear the song, get the ideas into their head, and then go out and perform it.

So far Ive seen a hell of a lot of talk, and absolutely no substance.

This board is not a rap studio, so if you truely have great lyrics why do you not post them here?

In fact you could be a ghost writer,

Mad skills ghost writer for the right price I can even make your s*** tighter.

Which eventually became.

S Carter ghost writer for the right price I can even make your s*** tighter.

;)

And Hammerhead,

They say they are more talented then 50.

It would be like saying,

Im better than Billy Koch.

Then I respond with:

Why arent you in the minors even?

And you respond with:

Well they would laugh at me if I showed up at a training camp, but I swear Im really really good, I just wont prove it, and will sit behind my computer screen claiming that Im god.

If your gonna argue atleast have the decency to make applicable points. Otherwise I can make straw man arguments to.

SB

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 07:43 PM)
Addressing a comment earlier:  although I can't locate the website, a large percentage of rap albums are purchased by people who live outside city limits.  Those who have no experience dodging bullets, or selling drugs to survive.

The vast, vast majority of mainstream rap albums are purchased by white suburban kids (by their moms, actually).

Rollin to the cell

with my 20 inch spinners

Buehrle's on the bump

that n**** best bring me a winner

Im laying down 5 large

Im on the phone with my bookie

my ho's slurping my shake

cause the b**** played hookie

I'm at the game strapped

cause the crowd be gettin rowdy

People see all my bling

and they want to get up on me

You can put it on the board

PK jacked another one out

Im gonna collect my bens

now you see what I'm about

Word to your mutha!!!

Peace

:ph34r:

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 01:53 PM)
You say they have no talent, well Biggie and Jay-Z dont even write lyrics, they do the song allegedly in 1 take. Ie, they hear the song, get the ideas into their head, and then go out and perform it.

I've heard that about Jay-Z as well. That's pretty incredible. And then there's Eminem, who does nothing but write lyrics.

They say they are more talented then 50.

It would be like saying,

Im better than Billy Koch.

Then I respond with:

Why arent you in the minors even?

And you respond with:

Well they would laugh at me if I showed up at a training camp, but I swear Im really really good, I just wont prove it, and will sit behind my computer screen claiming that Im god.

LOL! Yes, we do have a lot of "armchair rappers" here today. :lol:

Badger, that argument is terrible.

2Pac etc. are talented.

I am singling out the hacks like 50 Cent who cruise on the "OMG! I am teh r0x0rs because I got shot 9 times!11111!!!!11!!" as some sort of credibility for his ability to make s***ty songs. I didn't say that I was more talented than 50. I simply said that comparatively to other rappers in his genre, his stuff is absolute flaming dog crap and he seems to be not talented at all...comparatively.

But who needs talent when you have a thug image being promoted by videos, CDs, commercials, photo shoots and a giant monolithic record label to promote the Hell out of you forcing everybody to hear the song 287348723847234 times a day on the radio.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 01:57 PM)
Rollin to the cell

with my 20 inch spinners

Buehrle's on the bump

that n**** best bring me a winner

Im laying down 5 large

Im on the phone with my bookie

my ho's slurping my shake

cause the b**** played hookie

I'm at the game strapped

cause the crowd be gettin rowdy

People see all my bling

and they want to get up on me