Fed Judge's family murdered

southsider2k5

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 02:53 PM)
Sometimes we take judges for granted unlike police officers.  I can't imagine how many enemies a judge must make over a lifetime.  (Most of) these people are heroes and deserve our gratitude for the job they do.

completely agree. hope they catch the scum that did this. also really hope it wasn't an enemy the judge made through her job because that has the possibility of really get to her emotionally...

QUOTE(Goldmember @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 02:58 PM)
completely agree. hope they catch the scum that did this. also really hope it wasn't an enemy the judge made through her job because that has the possibility of really get to her emotionally...

Unfortunately, I'd bet a LOT of money that it's a follower of Hale.

The irony is, if I read this correctly, that she originally ruled in Hale's favor until the decision was reversed in appeals, and she had to rule against him as a result.

My heart goes out to her - to lose her husband and mother so violently has got to be more devastating than I can ever imagine.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 3, 2005 -> 02:09 PM)
There are laws that allow for stiffer penalties when the victim is a Judge. I think those laws should extend the their families as well. Same with cops.

Doesn't it automatically become a federal case for the murder of a judge? That would also make it an executable offense.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 3, 2005 -> 02:10 PM)
Doesn't it automatically become a federal case for the murder of a judge?  That would also make it an executable offense.

A judge wasn't murdered, it was her mom and husband. I think the laws should extend to relatives as well. Which creates an easier climate for extortion of a judge? I'm going to kill *you* or I'm going to kill your daughter?