Hudson gets new deal

Hudson's deal could reach $58 million

He will make $6.75 million this year. His new deal calls for a $10 million signing bonus, payable when the contract is approved by the commissioner's office, and salaries of $4 million in 2006, $6 million in 2007 and $13 million each in 2008 and 2009.

Hudson's extension contains a $12 million mutual option for 2010 with a $1 million buyout. If the option is exercised, the deal would be worth $58 million over five years.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 02:35 PM)
Anyone think the Braves will win the division again? Even though I don't think they will, it wouldn't surpise me if they did once again.

I do. I think Florida is the best team in the division but I think Atlanta will win it. Until they lose I will never pick against Atlanta again, I've done that the past few years and they just keep winning.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 03:21 PM)
I do.  I think Florida is the best team in the division but I think Atlanta will win it.  Until they lose I will never pick against Atlanta again, I've done that the past few years and they just keep winning.

Just like the Minnesota Twins. :rolly

Anyone want to be the Braves trade him in a couple years. They definately backloaded the deal with his annual salary the first two years being incredibly modest and since the Braves are now financially strapped I don't see them taking him at 13 mil a year.

Damn good deal for the Braves though, basically a little under 12 mill per season guaranteed for 4 yrs. Unless my numbers are off.