Iraqis protest against terrorism

southsider2k5

Oops I look bad on this one.

I wrote in my Iraq thread

"Protests in al-Hilla demanding more security after bombing"

Which I got from al-jazeera :ph34r:. The protest was definitely a protest against terrorist attacks and against the lack of security, and not one or the other.

I stand corrected and my post has been edited.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 05:57 PM)
That other thread has joined Kotex-Boys writings in my mental ignore list, and I doubt I am alone.  I posted this for the benefit of the others who had quit reading that stuff too.

It's pretty obvious that most people aren't reading that. It's become more of a personal reference and study. It's also obvious that I've pissed off a bunch of people and am stongly considering stopping the thread.

You know, KipWellsFan, you have a goddamned red, white and blue American right to post that thread as you see fit, even if you are Canadien. I know I'm not going to try and stop you. However, I have specifically told you what I think about a non-American coming to a US based website and trying to portray the US in a bad light. That hasn't changed, nor will it ever. I, on the other hand, have a goddamned red, white and blue American right to neither like, nor respect, you and what you stand for. I fully intend to exercise that right.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 2, 2005 -> 05:26 AM)
You know, KipWellsFan, you have a goddamned red, white and blue American right to post that thread as you see fit, even if you are Canadien.  I know I'm not going to try and stop you.  However, I have specifically told you what I think about a non-American coming to a US based website and trying to portray the US in a bad light.  That hasn't changed, nor will it ever.  I, on the other hand, have a goddamned red, white and blue American right to neither like, nor respect, you and what you stand for.  I fully intend to exercise that right.

I can't say I disagree with this. I will say, however, that the original intent of the "Iraq" thread seemed to be, in my view, to put a spotlight on the killings and the sacrifices of soldiers. I originally thought it was an honorable attempt. It has since turned into a farce and a daily potshot at Bush and America by a Canadian that doesn't seem to mind living under American provided security, even if it is in an indirect way. I agree, SS, that thread has joined my "ignore" list. While I had already heard about this particular story, thanks for the heads-up!

QUOTE(mreye @ Mar 2, 2005 -> 07:44 AM)
It has since turned into a farce and a daily potshot at Bush and America by a Canadian that doesn't seem to mind living under American provided security, even if it is in an indirect way.

While I'll admit I could have gone about it in a more professional manner, ie without the occasional smiley. The only place where I was anti-American that I can see is where I called Rumsfeld, Dumsfeld. It was never a daily potshot at Bush and especially America, but I'm obviously not surprised at how it offended (seeing as how in my second post of the thread, I said it should probably just be closed).

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Mar 2, 2005 -> 11:47 AM)
While I'll admit I could have gone about it in a more professional manner, ie without the occasional smiley.  The only place where I was anti-American that I can see is where I called Rumsfeld, Dumsfeld.  It was never a daily potshot at Bush and especially America, but I'm obviously not surprised at how it offended (seeing as how in my second post of the thread, I said it should probably just be closed).

That's just how it came across to me, and apparently others as well. If no malice was intended, I apologize.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 2, 2005 -> 04:26 AM)
You know, KipWellsFan, you have a goddamned red, white and blue American right to post that thread as you see fit, even if you are Canadien.  I know I'm not going to try and stop you.  However, I have specifically told you what I think about a non-American coming to a US based website and trying to portray the US in a bad light.  That hasn't changed, nor will it ever.  I, on the other hand, have a goddamned red, white and blue American right to neither like, nor respect, you and what you stand for.  I fully intend to exercise that right.

America, f*** yeah.

Jesus f***ing Christ, it's the goddamn Internet and you're s***ting a brick the size of Montana. I HAVE A RIGHT TO DISLIKE YOU! No s***, he can say what he wants, and it's the foreign view of America you're choosing to ignore.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Mar 2, 2005 -> 12:31 PM)
America, f*** yeah.

Jesus f***ing Christ, it's the goddamn Internet and you're s***ting a brick the size of Montana. I HAVE A RIGHT TO DISLIKE YOU! No s***, he can say what he wants, and it's the foreign view of America you're choosing to ignore.

I'm not ignoring your brilliant use of JFC and GD in the same sentence. Nice. :rolly

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Mar 2, 2005 -> 11:31 AM)
America, f*** yeah.

Sounds like you're s***ting your own bricks here. I don't care if it's the goddamn internet or the back of a goddamn paper napkin. I also do not choose to ignore the foreign view of America. I just happen to vehemently disagree with it and I'll continue to express that viewpoint. By the time I get done, you may have accumulated enough bricks to put in a nice fireplace or outdoor Bar-B-Q. Enjoy!