NFL FA signings

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 4, 2005 -> 06:54 PM)
Who saw this coming? Looks like Cleveland might have to pick Alex Smith now;

It's a little late, but better late then never.

Anyways, I am super happy with that pick. Some could argue that Holcomb is possibly a better QB then Bledsoe, but especially at that price. Getting him for $6.6 mill over the 4 years(yes, under $1.75 mill per year...if I am remembering the right contract) is an absolute steal.

TRU...the Bills will be fine. I do believe I said something along the lines of how they would bring in a good backup...looks like I was right. ;)

Bears sign Fred Miller to a 5-year deal

Samari Rolle signs with Baltimore

Bengals re-sign Rudi Johnson for 1 year

Miami signs DE Kevin Carter, Release David Boston (Failed physical)

Steelers re-sign CB Willie Williams

Vikings lloking to trade up for a RB

Vikings also looking to trade w/ Redskins for Rod Gardner

Edited by SoxFan1

Lions | Pollard Signs Three-Year Deal - from www.KFFL.com

Mon, 7 Mar 2005 13:43:45 -0800

ESPNews reports the Detroit Lions have signed free agent TE Marcus Pollard (Colts) to a three-year deal. Financial terms were not disclosed.

Ravens | Rolle Contract Update - from www.KFFL.com

Mon, 7 Mar 2005 13:41:16 -0800

Updating previous reports, ESPNews reports the contract signed by Baltimore Ravens CB Samari Rolle is a six-year deal worth $30.5 million including an $11 million signing bonus.

Cardinals | Hambrick Re-Signs - from www.KFFL.com

Mon, 7 Mar 2005 13:10:09 -0800

The Arizona Cardinals announced they have re-signed RB Troy Hambrick to a two-year deal. Financial terms were not disclosed.

Steelers | Reed Re-Signed - from www.KFFL.com

Mon, 7 Mar 2005 13:09:22 -0800

ESPNews reports the Pittsburgh Steelers have re-signed PK Jeff Reed to a five-year deal. Financial terms were not disclosed.

Dolphins | Carter Signed - from www.KFFL.com

Mon, 7 Mar 2005 13:06:03 -0800

Updating an earlier story, MiamiDolphins.com reports the Miami Dolphins have officially signed DE Kevin Carter to a five-year contract. Financial terms were not disclosed.

Dolphins | Boston Cut - from www.KFFL.com

Mon, 7 Mar 2005 12:59:14 -0800

MiamiDolphins.com reports the Miami Dolphins announced they have terminated the contract of WR David Boston.

More rumors:

Garcia visted the Bronco's for a 2nd time yesterday, a deal could be close

Vikings and Giants targeting Plexico Burress

The Tacoma News Tribune reports that the Seahawks are expecting visits from CB Andre Dyson, LB Edgerton Hartwell and DE Bryce Fisher

Seahawks interested in Patrick Surtain

Steelers are hosting 49ers WR Cedric Wilson today

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Mar 7, 2005 -> 07:08 PM)
I am so pissed at the Chiefs. First they say they're going to sign Trotter, nope. Then Rolle, nope. What's next, trading Green, Holmes, and Gonzalez for 4 footballs and a waterboy?

"KFFL has just reported that the Chiefs have traded trent Green, Priest Holmes, and Tony Gonzalez to the Bears for 3 footballs, 5 jock straps, and the team's waterboy. Reports say the Bears are looking to acquire Chiefs DE Eric Hicks as the new waterboy."

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Mar 8, 2005 -> 10:08 AM)
I am so pissed at the Chiefs. First they say they're going to sign Trotter, nope. Then Rolle, nope. What's next, trading Green, Holmes, and Gonzalez for 4 footballs and a waterboy?

They Chiefs need to get Ed Hartwell locked up before the Seahawks steal him from right under their noses.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Mar 7, 2005 -> 04:56 PM)
SoxFan1-Do you have a source on the Bears drafting Benson if available?

In his latest mock draft, Kiper has the Bears taking Benson as well.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Mar 7, 2005 -> 11:08 PM)

The Chiefs got Kendrell Bell today, eh? That's one hell of an acquisition.

Raiders redo Moss' contract for cap space

Vikings sign CB Fred Smoot

Browns, Dilfer agree on 4-year deal

Steelers sign WR Cedrick Wilson

Chiefs sign LB Kendrell Bell

Buccaneers re-sign WR Joey Galloway

Bears met with Fiedler on Monday amd will meet with him on Tuesday, Brad Johnson expected next

Packers interested in TE Freddie Jones

Lions interested in QB Jeff Garcia

Jaguars S Donavin Darius requests trade to either Miami or Minnesota

Chiefs may take a look at Ty Law since they missed out on CB Rolle, Smoot and S Smith

Dolphins are closing in a deal that would ship Patrick Surtain to either Minnesota, Seattle or Kansas City.

Receiver Plaxico Burress did not make his scheduled visit to the Giants on Monday

The Jets are expecting a visit from quarterback Jay Fiedler on Thursday if he doesn't sign with Chicago

Seahawks are expecting visits from CB Andre Dyson, LB Edgerton Hartwell and DE Bryce Fisher.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 8, 2005 -> 08:25 PM)
Vikings sign CB Fred Smoot

Dolphins are closing in a deal that would ship Patrick Surtain to either Minnesota, Seattle or Kansas City.

I'm gonna take a guess and say that Surtain is not gonna be a Viking.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 7, 2005 -> 05:52 PM)
"KFFL has just reported that the Chiefs have traded trent Green, Priest Holmes, and Tony Gonzalez to the Bears for 3 footballs, 5 jock straps, and the team's waterboy. Reports say the Bears are looking to acquire Chiefs DE Eric Hicks as the new waterboy."

lol nice, I'd believe it. At least they signed Bell today.

Here is a thought. The Bears are still in need of another WR. How about David Boston? I know he is a total headcase but is an incredible athelete. He could be a very dominate reciever. Miami just released him and he could come somewhat cheap due to questions of his health, so he will have a lot to prove. I highly doubt it would happen but it could be interesting.

No thanks....we can sign a guy like Joe Jurevicous or Corey Bradford. Anyways, todays news:

Vikings re-sign Jermaine Wiggins

Physicals passed my Coles/Moss, trade finalized

Ty Law to visit Chiefs on Monday

Lions visit with QB Brad Johnson, WR Corey Bradford, and OG Rick DeMulling

Cardinals re-sign DE Peppi Zellner and cut QB Shaun King, WR Karl Williams

Patriots interested in WR Tim Dwight

The agent for Edgerrin James said Wednesday that Indianapolis Colts president Bill Polian would not require a team to give up a first-round draft pick in exchange for the Pro Bowl running back

Chargers, McCardell reach contract extension agreement

Ravens reportedly shopping LB Peter Boulware

Atlanta signs LB Ike Reese to a 4-year deal

Seahwaks front-runner for CB Patrick Surtains services, RB Shaun Alexander's name IS IN the mix

49ers interested in David Boston

Edited by SoxFan1