U.S. Celluar White Sox?

bjm676

U.S. Cellular becomes presenting sponsor of the 2005 Chicago White Sox season

CHICAGO -- The Chicago White Sox and U.S. Cellular have agreed on a new marketing partnership in which U.S. Cellular becomes the presenting sponsor of Chicago White Sox Baseball in 2005. It is believed to be the first agreement of its kind for a baseball team in Chicago.

As the presenting sponsor of the 2005 Chicago White Sox season, a specially-designed U.S. Cellular/White Sox logo will appear on all print publications, including the gameday program and the media guide, and on all White Sox advertising, including billboards, print, TV and radio spots. U.S. Cellular also will receive in-game radio and television mentions, in-park public address mentions and ownership of in-game promotions. In addition, U.S. Cellular also will sponsor several promotional nights, including Opening Day and a fireworks night, will work with the White Sox to develop a charitable component to benefit the Chicago community, will execute promotions at retail locations, and will provide opportunities for U.S. Cellular customers and employees to experience U.S. Cellular Field through a ticket voucher program.

"We appreciate U.S. Cellular's continued commitment to the Chicago White Sox and the team's fans," said Brooks Boyer, White Sox vice president of marketing. "There is a strong connection between our brands in the marketplace, and we both strive to offer the best customer service experience in the market. This partnership will pass the benefits of that synergy to our fans, and continue to grow U.S. Cellular's customer base. It's a true partnership."

"U.S. Cellular has a great relationship with the White Sox that has helped tremendously to build our brand in Chicago," said U.S. Cellular president and CEO John E. Rooney. "We're proud to be involved with a baseball partner that shares our passion for serving customers, and we're extremely pleased to have a role in enhancing an already great game experience."

One of the unique aspects of the partnership is the creation of a jersey giveaway on Wednesdays, known as "U.S. Cellular Win-a-Jersey Wednesdays," in which 15 randomly-selected fans will have the chance to win a game-worn White Sox player jersey during each of 12 Wednesday home games in 2005. In addition, one fan will have a chance to win $10,000 on the final U.S. Cellular Win-a-Jersey Wednesday, September 21, compliments of U.S. Cellular.

This partnership complements the 2003 naming rights agreement that put U.S. Cellular's name on the former Comiskey Park. U.S. Cellular also becomes the presenting sponsor of SoxFest, the club's annual fan convention held each January. Additional marketing and charitable elements are planned. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

16515804.jpg :puke

Edited by robinventura23

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Mar 2, 2005 -> 06:35 PM)
To whomever was defending the name of our ballpark in that other thread, I hope you're happy now.  I predict Joan Cusack will be the next manager of the USC White Sox.

I'm no less happy.

What's in a name, seriously? Almost nobody calls it US Cellular Field anyway, everyone I know except me calls it The Cell or Comiskey. This corporate gobbledygook means nothing to me. I still don't find the stadium name to be that bad at all, I still don't own a cell phone ( my wife has one, but I refuse ) and I still fail to see how anyone can say that Joan Cusack is attractive. I look at her and I see the Joker.

QUOTE(shakes @ Mar 3, 2005 -> 10:41 AM)
I look at her and see an ugly man.  :bang

:puke

i agree.

i hate the way she moves her mouth when she talks...she like curls her lips.

watch the commerical with the old dude on the slide.

when she says, "dont make me come up there mister!", look at her lips at after she says mister....i dont know why, but it makes me sick.

QUOTE(smalls2598 @ Mar 3, 2005 -> 12:14 PM)
:puke

i agree.

i hate the way she moves her mouth when she talks...she like curls her lips.

watch the commerical with the old dude on the slide.

when she says, "dont make me come up there mister!", look at her lips at after she says mister....i dont know why, but it makes me sick.

It makes me all tingly inside.