Serious Note

sox4lifeinPA

Hey guys, I know that I'm a controversial poster here at soxtalk, but I respect this community a lot, regardless of beliefs, and love when we pull together for each other.

That being said, I just wanted to let you know that the bank I work at got robbed tonight, and I had all the money from my drawer stolen by a guy pointing a gun at me. It just happened hours ago and as a part of my coping process, I knew that having your thoughts and prayers on my side, I'll be that much better.

I won't get into specifics, but it was a crazy experience....and I thought my accident this summer was scarey. One thing that I'm joyful to look back on, was that my first thoughts during the robbery were on God and asking for his protection over the 4 of us employees involved. No one was hurt and money can be replaced. I just want to thank you in advance for your kind words and prayers.

Sincerely,

Alex

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Mar 3, 2005 -> 08:13 PM)
Hey guys, I know that I'm a controversial poster here at soxtalk, but I respect this community a lot, regardless of beliefs, and love when we pull together for each other.

That being said, I just wanted to let you know that the bank I work at got robbed tonight, and I had all the money from my drawer stolen by a guy pointing a gun at me. It just happened hours ago and as a part of my coping process, I knew that having your thoughts and prayers on my side,  I'll be that much better.

I won't get into specifics, but it was a crazy experience....and I thought my accident this summer was scarey. One thing that I'm joyful to look back on,  was that my first thoughts during the robbery were on God and asking for his protection over the 4 of us employees involved. No one was hurt and money can be replaced. I just want to thank you in advance for your kind words and prayers.

Sincerely,

Alex

Holy hell. :pray

:o

I can't come up with words to say to you. I can only hope you guys stay safe.

Try and get some sleep...try not to think about it too much. I know when I have had run-ins(obviously, I haven't had a gun pointed at me...but you get the general gist of what I am saying), I have a hard time forgetting about it, and fear goes throughout my body.

I would just say try your best and forget about it.

T&P's to you :pray

Good to hear you made it out alive and didn't try to play hero (I know too many people that would try that).

:pray :pray :pray for you.

That was my biggest fear when I worked behind the counter at the customer service desk at the grocery store during college. I guess the armed off-duty Chicago cops kept the people contimplating robbery away - they stuck with shop lifting.

QUOTE(Wong & Owens @ Mar 4, 2005 -> 08:21 AM)
Alex, even though we disagree on many issues, I can honestly say if I had to choose between the Sox winning the World Series and you NOT getting shot in a bank robbery, I'd choose to have you not get shot in a bank robbery. :)

Well it depends, where would he shoot him?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 4, 2005 -> 08:30 AM)
Well it depends, where would he shoot him?

you ass :lol:

I stayed at Miss Pa's house last night and got some sleep. The FBI didn't need to talk to us for too long last night because they had our written statements. (I'll be talking to them again in a couple hours) Believe it or not the 3 other people I was working with barely saw the guy because two of them hit the ground as soon as he started yelling and the third ducked into a corner without even being seen. So there I was....me and this little 5'5" douche bag white kid...(I'm not what you would call a small person...6'3" 250 :lol: )

I really appreciate your thoughts and like I said, this place knows when to gather around each other and like the crazy "aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters and grandparents (Flasoxxjim)" :lol: you are, this community, albeit electronic, is one that I respect and care about.

The scariest part about all of this is that he had on this paintball helmet...and I just had thoughts of a guy coming around the corner with one on and I'll just let loose on him. (with karate chops and my totally sweet nunchucks....)

btw, I'm still very pro-NRA... :P Had to throw that in there;)

Thanks everyone, glad I'm around to see the sox take it to the house this year!!! :gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosoxretro: :gosox4:

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Mar 4, 2005 -> 09:55 AM)
Thanks everyone, glad I'm around to see the sox take it to the house this year!!!  :gosox1:  :gosox2:  :gosox3:  :gosoxretro:  :gosox4:

:cheers

Glad to hear you're doing fine PA. No one should have to experience something like that, but it's good to hear nothing came out of it.

Good thoughts your way.

Yikes.. Glad your ok PA.

I worked at a bank when I was in highschool. It was robbed one day.. I was in the ATM machine balancing it so I had no idea what happened. When I came out there were cops everywhere.. I nearly peed my pants. :unsure:

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 4, 2005 -> 09:13 AM)
Unfortunately, I've had a gun pulled on me before and you find out a LOT about yourself in those few seconds, don't you?

yeah, it's true. I feel really good about that. I prayed a lot, and against my desire to kill this kid, I did what I was supposed to do, which was to give him what he asked for and don't do anything that would endanger my co-workers. I was standing less than a foot away from him...I could have squashed him.