Happy Unofficial St Patricks Day

IlliniKrush

My dad's from Ireland and said he was surprised when he saw how much drinking and partying goes on here on the 17th. He said it is different in the big cities in Ireland now, but back when he was growing up it was for visiting friends and family and either sharing a meal or tea.

Some secrets for a good St. Patrick's Day for all of you Illinois College Students;

1 - Find a good place to hide your beer.

wc.jpg

2 - Find some actual good drinking buddies.

homer-lenny-carl-moes-c6976_sml.JPG

3 - Cheerleaders and suppliers of alcohol are always welcome.

duffman_small.jpg

Since we're fully engaged in endorsing stereotypes of races (Nobody ever goes 60+ days without eating to consider themselves, Irish ::see H Block Hunger Strikes of 1981::), how about we have more Unofficial holidays?

Perhaps Unofficial Martin Luther King Jr. Day? We can sell 40s, fried chicken and watermelon...and perhaps even wear blackface (just like the Asian/Indian kids with "Kiss me! I'm Irish!" shirts on) Its the same thing -- endorsing stereotypes of a culture.

After 1 drunk asshole in my class making us miss important information for our test & pissing the TA off enough that she wouldn't tell the other 20+ of us who were sober the information, Unofficial can go suck a fat dick. Unofficial St. Patricks' Day: Giving non-Irish people the ability to be f***ing assholes.

"We must see our present fight right through to the very end. Generations will continue to meet the same fat unless the perennial oppressor, Britain, is removed. For she will unashamedly and mercilessly continue to maintain her occupation and economic exploitation of Ireland to judgment day if she is not halted and ejected."

--Bobby Sands, martyr of the 1981 H Block Irish Hunger Strikes

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 4, 2005 -> 07:57 AM)
St. Paddy's is for amatuers anyway.  Professional drinkers don't need some stupid snakes-outta-Ireland holiday as a reason to get pissed.

It gives them an excuse to get sloshed out of their f***ing minds, though. As 75% Irish, I have no qualms with this.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Mar 4, 2005 -> 12:32 PM)
As of 12:31 PM, I have had 8 pints of Guinness, a shot of Jager, a shot of amaretto, and a OJ and Bacardi. :cheers

You must be quite the drinker to have ingested all that and still coherently write that sentence. :lolhitting