BRICS alliance

KipWellsFan

http://www.indiadaily.com/editorial/1627.asp

Brazil, Russia, India, China, South African alliance

Russian President Vladimir Putin and Chinese authorities decided to form the strategic alliance for defense, trade and energy. Russia will deliver oil to China and China will collaborate with Russia in Geopolitical strategic defense of Euresia.

According to some international think tanks, sources close to Russia's Security Council say recommending countermeasures to check the U.S. geopolitical "offensive" in Eurasia will be perhaps the forum's most important job.

Recently Brazil moved ahead and formed a business alliance with Venezuela. China and Russia also formed alliance with Venezuela. In spite of Washington’s opposition, Russia plans to provide defense hardware to Venezuela and nuclear reactors to Iran.

Putin’s current goal is to create the strategic BRIC alliance that will eventually become the strongest trade and military block in the world.

Didn't see this in any North American news last month, but this is obviously a very important development.

Geopolitical strategic defense of Euresia.

Who in Euresia is looking for defense, and what from? Russia is the only one I can think of, and I would really hope they aid in defending themselves. :bang

India and Brazil are interesting ones because their economies are really dependant on the US markets.

China and Russia don't surprize me at all, and neither does big Cuba, Venezuela. China and Russia make great Machieavellian allies, but at the sametime are really fearful and suspicious of each other. That alone will be an interesting marriage.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 4, 2005 -> 12:35 PM)
Who in Euresia is looking for defense, and what from?  Russia is the only one I can think of, and I would really hope they aid in defending themselves. :bang

Who at the India Daily needs a spell checker?? :D

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 4, 2005 -> 12:35 PM)
Who in Euresia is looking for defense, and what from?  Russia is the only one I can think of, and I would really hope they aid in defending themselves. :bang

India and Brazil are interesting ones because their economies are really dependant on the US markets. 

China and Russia don't surprize me at all, and neither does big Cuba, Venezuela.  China and Russia make great Machieavellian allies, but at the sametime are really fearful and suspicious of each other.  That alone will be an interesting marriage.

I'm guessing its mostly crap and the alliance is probably to create somewhat of a counter to NAFTA and EU economic effects. China and Russia aligned politically? I just don't see it. They didn't like each other when they were both communist.