US Troops shoot freed Journo

DBAHO

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Mar 9, 2005 -> 08:14 AM)
My, aren't we in a crappy mood today? ;)

:D I just think we have a few very nice ladies here and when they point out an inequity, we should maybe look at it and see if it is valid.

We sometimes turn this into a bar, and not the jazz music, fern bar, where you can order a Rum Runner and conch fritters; more like a strip bar where on the way you stop at the convienent store, buy a pack of gum for .79, pay with a $50 and ask for your change in $1 bills. :D

QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 9, 2005 -> 08:19 AM)
:D I just think we have a few very nice ladies here and when they point out an inequity, we should maybe look at it and see if it is valid.

Of course, these ladies failed to account for all the times that I called Saddam and Kim Jong Il "worthless pieces of crap." :rolly

But I understand their point (and yours) and will be more sensitive to this issue in the future.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Mar 9, 2005 -> 08:24 AM)
Of course, these ladies failed to account for all the times that I called Saddam and Kim Jong Il "worthless pieces of crap." :rolly

But I understand their point (and yours) and will be more sensitive to this issue in the future.

Hm, worthless piece of crap vs. b****. There's just something a lot more biting, personal, and insulting about b****.

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Mar 9, 2005 -> 08:34 AM)
Hm, worthless piece of crap vs. b****. There's just something a lot more biting, personal, and insulting about b****.

Which is something that guys are not really sensitized to. In general, we can use slurs like that without a deeper connection and interchangeable.

Putting on your Grad school cap, is that cultural? Is that accurate?

Her boyfriend is a f***in jagoff!!!!!!!!

Honestly though...I can give a f*** about him. She was the one over there, she is the one our soldiers would have risked their lives and possibly died to save, and she is the one that demeaned them by saying she can't rule out they were trying to assasinate her.

That's what infuriated me the most...not the boyfriends comments. Hell, there are millions of men and women that hate the US and slander this country all the time...I have appropriate names for all of them, but in this case I was focusing on her, since she was the one involved.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Mar 9, 2005 -> 08:43 AM)

Honestly though...I can give a f*** about him.  She was the one over there, she is the one our soldiers would have risked their lives and possibly died to save, and she is the one that demeaned them by saying she can't rule out they were trying to assasinate her. 

That's what infuriated me the most...not the boyfriends comments.  Hell, there are millions of men and women that hate the US and slander this country all the time...I have appropriate names for all of them, but in this case I was focusing on her, since she was the one involved.

No, you're a sexist pig. And a racist as well.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Mar 9, 2005 -> 08:43 AM)

She was the one over there, she is the one our soldiers would have risked their lives and possibly died to save,

Not her specifically, but

Are you saying that no one should criticize the military because they risk their lives for us? Does that work both ways? We should not criticize the Italian, English, etc. armies because they would risk their lives for us?

I can think of a few cases where the military was criticized and rightly so

Kent State

Chinese Embassy

My Lai Massacre

Whether or not this turns out to be legit or not, is probably months away. I know if I was just mistakenly shot at, had a man die shielding my body and protecting me, I wouldn't be saying "cool! no problem, mistakes happen in a war zone, Hee Hee can you believe what boneheads we were?"

QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 9, 2005 -> 08:56 AM)
Not her specifically, but

Are you saying that no one should criticize the military because they risk their lives for us? Does that work both ways? We should not criticize the Italian, English, etc. armies because they would risk their lives for us?

I can think of a few cases where the military was criticized and rightly so

Kent State

Chinese Embassy

My Lai Massacre

Whether or not this turns out to be legit or not, is probably months away. I know if I was just mistakenly shot at, had a man die shielding my body and protecting me, I wouldn't be saying "cool! no problem, mistakes happen in a war zone, Hee Hee can you believe what boneheads we were?"

Did I ever say no one should criticize the military? She didn't criticize them she said they tried to kill her!!!! I have friends there...I have family there...she is basically saying they are murderers when I know dam well there was a good possibility those same guys would have died for her. She can f***in criticize all she wants...but to make a baseless accusation of murder is way past criticism.

QUOTE(winodj @ Mar 9, 2005 -> 08:58 AM)
Either way, let's cool down the rhetoric here. I don't wanna see this get any uglier.

I must be really missing something here....

Can someone explain to me what is so "ugly" in this thread?? I haven't read any personal attacks or anything.... what gives :huh

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Mar 9, 2005 -> 09:04 AM)
Did I ever say no one should criticize the military?  She didn't criticize them she said they tried to kill her!!!!  I have friends there...I have family there...she is basically saying they are murderers when I know dam well there was a good possibility those same guys would have died for her.  She can f***in criticize all she wants...but to make a baseless accusation of murder is way past criticism.

What did you mean when you wrote our soldiers would have risked their lives for her? I assumed you meant she should not criticize them.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Mar 9, 2005 -> 03:07 PM)
I must be really missing something here....

Can someone explain to me what is so "ugly" in this thread?? I haven't read any personal attacks or anything.... what gives  :huh

I don't really think we need to have a discussion about what's worse, a b****, or an asshole or other variants. It's stupid to even discuss it, so let that part drop.

That's all.

Other then that, it's a pretty passionate discussion and that's all well and good.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Mar 9, 2005 -> 09:04 AM)
Did I ever say no one should criticize the military?  She didn't criticize them she said they tried to kill her!!!!  I have friends there...I have family there...she is basically saying they are murderers when I know dam well there was a good possibility those same guys would have died for her.  She can f***in criticize all she wants...but to make a baseless accusation of murder is way past criticism.

Well, she is entitled to her opinion, no? :huh

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Mar 9, 2005 -> 10:11 AM)
I don't really think we need to have a discussion about what's worse, a b****, or an asshole or other variants.  It's stupid to even discuss it, so let that part drop. 

That's all.

Other then that, it's a pretty passionate discussion and that's all well and good.

Ding!

And circle gets the square!

I'll take Paul Lynde to block.

paul%20lynde.jpg