Vin Diesel Babysits at #1 Spot

Yoda

thepacifier_poster2.jpg

1.) The Pacifier $30,222,000

2.) Be Cool $23,500,000

3.) Hitch $12,500,000

4.) Diary of a Mad Black Woman $12,000,000

5.) Million Dollar Baby $8,505,000

Moviegoers trusted their kids in the hands of Vin Diesel who generated the second biggest opening of the year so far with the Disney family comedy The Pacifier. John Travolta and friends settled for second place with the hit man pic Be Cool which still delivered a strong debut. The frame's other new film, the psychological thriller The Jacket, opened far back in tenth place with modest results while Oscar champion Million Dollar Baby parlayed its four big statues into a spike in ticket sales.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Mar 6, 2005 -> 09:38 PM)
Vaughn is one of the worst actors that keeps getting jobs. How does he keep getting them? This is what some more critics said.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/be_cool/

I love Roger Ebert's quote:

"One character after another, one scene after another, one cute line of dialogue after another, refers to another movie, a similar character, a contrasting image, or whatever. The movie is like a bureaucrat who keeps sending you to another office."

-- Roger Ebert, CHICAGO SUN-TIMES

You may agree with him or not, but his one DAMN good writer. Especially when he hates movies.

As for the film, I haven't seen it yet. I read the books many times and loved it. But from what I understand it is loosely based on the novel "Be Cool", which is a shame. Elmore Leonard is a God and thats what made "Get Shorty" work, it's faithfullness to the original source.

But it's a different creative team behind this flick, so...

I Saw Be Cool and personally really liked It. I mean every one did a good job. Rock was great, Vaughn Was the best part, and even Andre 3000 was funny. I went in not expecting a whole lot but i really like it.

Edited by Spod=Ratings

QUOTE(Spod=Ratings @ Mar 7, 2005 -> 12:00 AM)
I Saw Be Cool and personally really liked It. I mean every one did a good job. Rock was great, Vaughn Was the best part, and even Andre 3000 was funny. I went in not expecting a whole lot but i really like it.

I liked it. Not my favorite but I think it is worth seeing. I still dont get the Fred Durst cameo (it has nothing to do with the storyline at all). Andre realy did a good job acting, but I think the Rock was the best.

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Mar 7, 2005 -> 12:05 AM)
I liked it. Not my favorite but I think it is worth seeing. I still dont get the Fred Durst cameo (it has nothing to do with the storyline at all). Andre realy did a good job acting, but I think the Rock was the best.

Ya Durst was kinda outta place...I would of much rather been without him or seen Fabio :lolhitting

Edited by Spod=Ratings