Sox vs San Francisco

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(qwerty @ Mar 7, 2005 -> 04:25 PM)
Bench players do not just come in with runners on. They come in at all different times. With people in scoring position, not with people in scoring position, need to get a bunt down, etc. Do you not agree he is over paid at one million dollars?

No I don't think he's overpaid because 1.) he was the only guy who could bunt on our team, and 2.) we filled all of our holes within our budget. Why b**** about a $150,000 raise for a guy who was clutch last season? :huh: Are you related to Reinsdorf?

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Mar 7, 2005 -> 04:28 PM)
the argument for borchard is his upside..... also Borchard is a switch hitter which always helps your cause.  And we dont pay Borchard a million dollars

Last time I checked, the Sox didn't have any problems with their payroll, and KW said there is some money for the trade deadline if they need it.

What good is a switch hitter if he can't f***ing hit? :headshake

Edited by santo=dorf

Getting back on track:

For those of you both watching and reading here at Soxtalk. I've noticed Comcast doesn't list the order at the end of each inning. The view doesn't know who's coming to bat. Now, this may be because it's Spring Training and players are frequently sub-ed in and out, or it may be permanent. I dunno. Anyone else pick up on this?

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Mar 7, 2005 -> 06:30 PM)
Last time I checked, the Sox didn't have any problems with their payroll, and KW said there is some money for the trade deadline if they need it.

What good is a switch hitter if he can't f***ing hit?  :headshake

None good...that answer is none.

Yes, Addy, I noticed that too. I got used to it with Fox Sports Net but they'll surely change it. They always changed the FSN gamecast thngy too.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 7, 2005 -> 06:36 PM)
just got here, score?  who looks good?  who looks bad?

Tracy looked good until the 3rd inning. Borch and Ben are playing well. Valdez has played reall well. PK played nicely. Pacheco worries me.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Mar 7, 2005 -> 04:28 PM)
the argument for borchard is his upside..... also Borchard is a switch hitter which always helps your cause.  And we dont pay Borchard a million dollars

you're right. we pay him five million.

I dont understand how this debate is still going on. Borchard is horrible, he will always be horrible, Timo is terrible as well, but hes all we have right now. And there is no hope of borchard making the roster, so lets give up on this debate. Its ruining the game thread, agreed????

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Mar 7, 2005 -> 04:29 PM)
No I don't think he's overpaid because 1.) he was the only guy who could bunt on our team, and 2.) we filled all of our holes within our budget.  Why b**** about a $150,000 raise for a guy who was clutch last season?  :huh: Are you related to Reinsdorf?

I know one thing. Everything i have seen about the sox bringing him back and giving him a raise laughed at it. Timo's ops+ last year was 58 which is just disgusting and his warp is virtually non existent. His three win shares are awesome too.