Sox vs San Francisco

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be concerned if they are doing this 2 weeks from now. I get the feeling that we won't be seeing things like Cora sending Pauly home with no outs once we get further into the spring. We also won't have to watch the likes of Kevin Walker.

Wow. Rogowski is a big boy.

A lot of this has to do with the players getting into ML ready game shape, trying out new things, trying different approach angles, etc...you know, the stuff you SHOULD be doing in ST.

Take for instance Cora waving people around 3B, and a lot of you KNOW baseball and question this...Cora is simply attempting to figure out who he CAN and CANNOT wave around in a similar situation during REAL games. Obviously after today he knows who he can and cannot take risks with when it comes to close plays, and that's what you are supposed to do in ST.

A lot of pitchers will work on weaker pitches, and try to gain accuracy with pitches they usually throw a little wild, so they won't change up...and you may see fastball, fastball, fastball...which in regular season you may never see.

Look no further than the NY Yankees in ST...they have 0 (ZERO) wins thus far this spring...do you really think that will carry into the real season with THAT team? Hell no...they are practicing, they are training...and I'm happy to see the Sox doing the same thing...winning a ton of games in ST means nothing. Just ask the Yankees who bomb out in ST every single season.

-y2