Bears Sign Fred Miller

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 7, 2005 -> 05:03 PM)
If the Vikes want to give up there 1st and there 2nd and a 3rd, I'd hope to hell the Bears would move on down :)

Well yeah no doubt.

I just don't see who would ralisticly moving with them.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 7, 2005 -> 11:01 PM)
Edinger has to get his head straight............that's why he pulled all those kicks to the left! Ronnie Brown is going to Miami and with the Vikings looking to trade up for Benson/Brown, the Bears might be out of the running for a running back.

Edinger is damaged goods as far as I can tell. I have nothing against the guy personally, but we need to dispose of his services ASAP.

The Bears MGMT has expressed as much.

And that really sucks about Ronnie Brown going to Miami, if it's true. I thought that they wanted a QB?

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Mar 7, 2005 -> 05:05 PM)
Edinger is damaged goods as far as I can tell.  I have nothing against the guy personally, but we need to dispose of his services ASAP.

The Bears MGMT has expressed as much.

And that really sucks about Ronnie Brown going to Miami, if it's true.  I thought that they wanted a QB?

They still could take Alex Smith, tough to tell.

As crazy as it sounds if the bears could somehow get a 3rd rounder, I would consider Nungent.

Real solid signing. Real, real solid.

As has been posted, I don't expect the Bears to stick with this guys for the full five years, so don't let the length scare you.

The current core of OL were not capable of turning things around. Bringing in new blood, however old it may be :P , is a very good thing.

Hammerhead,

I agree with all three of your points.

Edinger ain't cutting it. He hasn't kicked a kick off to the endzone in 4 years and his accuracy is getting worse and worse. I would love for the Bears to find a way to get Nugent in the draft. If not the Buckeye, then I expect them to look at another K in the later rounds.

Brown won't be there at #4. Although I doubt the Vikes find a way to move up, it is a certain possibility. If Benson is there: take him. He's so talented and is a guy to build upon. Who knows, maybe Grossman-Benson can be a top-notch 1-2 combo in the NFL.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Mar 7, 2005 -> 03:09 PM)
They still could take Alex Smith, tough to tell.

As crazy as it sounds if the bears could somehow get a 3rd rounder, I would consider Nungent.

If the Bears had a 3rd rounder, I'd take Nugent in the 2nd round, because no way will he be there in RD 3. So if a trade down comes up with a team like Minny and they get an extra 2nd rounder you could bet the Bears nab someone like Benson or Cadillac (one will be there at 7, if not both) or go the lines of Mike Williams who would definately be there.

Then Nugent in the 2nd. Nugent is gonna get picked high. I don't know if Grammatica is still out there but I think he's a FA and may not be a bad pickup. I know he got waived last year by the Bucs and was then picked up by the Colts, but he just had some mental issues and is still a hell of a kicker, imo.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 7, 2005 -> 05:44 PM)
If the Bears had a 3rd rounder, I'd take Nugent in the 2nd round, because no way will he be there in RD 3.  So if a trade down comes up with a team like Minny and they get an extra 2nd rounder you could bet the Bears nab someone like Benson or Cadillac (one will be there at 7, if not both) or go the lines of Mike Williams who would definately be there. 

Then Nugent in the 2nd.  Nugent is gonna get picked high.  I don't know if Grammatica is still out there but I think he's a FA and may not be a bad pickup.  I know he got waived last year by the Bucs and was then picked up by the Colts, but he just had some mental issues and is still a hell of a kicker, imo.

Yeah that's what I meant.

But as it stands now, I wouldn't burn a 2nd on a K when we don't pick again till the 4th.

Mel Kiper said he has the Bears taking Cedric Benson taken by the Bears with the 4th and that if he has a better workout than R. Brown, then they could flip-flop(either one is good for me). Here's his board as he sees it.

1)Alex Smith

2)Ronnie Brown

3)Aaron Rodgers

4)Cedric Benson

5)don't remember

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Mar 7, 2005 -> 03:45 PM)
Yeah that's what I meant.

But as it stands now, I wouldn't burn a 2nd on a K when we don't pick again till the 4th.

Nor would I. I'd look at the Bears going RB or LB in the 1st round although you can't count Braylon out. He's gonna be a stud. Then in the 2nd I'd guess they would target Roscoe Parrish or Williamson. Both are speedy WR's but who knows if Williamson will be there. I've seen him projected mid 1st all the way to mid 2nd.

His 40 times were some of the best at the combine too, which will help him. Roscoe is essnetially an inch taller version of Santana Moss.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 7, 2005 -> 05:46 PM)
Minny has the 7th and 18th picks...if the Bears trade their 4th and a later pick for those 2 1st roudners, the Bears could draft Johnson/Benson with the 7th and Williamson with the 18th.

If we got DJ and Williamson I would abesloutly go crazy.

We need a burner to compliment Moose, oh man and our D would be complete.

Holy s*** I would f***ing go nuts if that happend.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Mar 7, 2005 -> 03:45 PM)
Mel Kiper said he has the Bears taking Cedric Benson taken by the Bears with the 4th and that if he has a better workout than R. Brown, then they could flip-flop(either one is good for me). Here's his board as he sees it.

1)Alex Smith

2)Ronnie Brown

3)Aaron Rodgers

4)Cedric Benson

5)don't remember

I've kind of agreed with Kip for a while. He's long been the one mentioning Brown/Benson in regards to the Bears and I think he's gonna be right. Regardless with them, Braylon, Williams or Antrelle I will be very happy on draft day :)

I think all of them are definate blue chippers.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Mar 7, 2005 -> 07:48 PM)
If we got DJ and Williamson I would abesloutly go crazy.

We need a burner to compliment Moose, oh man and our D would be complete.

Holy s*** I would f***ing go nuts if that happend.

Yes, I would too. Johnson, Briggs, Url is hands down one of the 3 best LB cores in the NFl and Williamson is a wonderful/speedier compliment to Mush.

Edited by SoxFan1

I'd still take Johnson fourth...

I know I've been harpin' on that for awhile now, but I think he's gonna be an absolute stud (not to say Benson won't be). Imagine, two elite linebackers to build our franchise around, along with Briggs who is on the brink of being an All-Pro.

Rivera would be drooling over all the defensive possibilities with those three...

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 8, 2005 -> 10:46 AM)
Minny has the 7th and 18th picks...if the Bears trade their 4th and a later pick for those 2 1st roudners, the Bears could draft Johnson/Benson with the 7th and Williamson with the 18th.

Why in the hell would Minny trade up for all things considering a RB!!?? They've already got Bennett even though they'll prob move him, Onterrio Smith and Meweldi Moore, a pretty damn good rushing attack already. They'll keep their picks, draft Williams at 7 considering they'll miss out on Burress and take the best available at 18. This is not a draft worth trading up for in the first few picks.

I'm sorry but I don't get the whole RB thing for Minny. I think they have guys that can play already. Maybe they use a #2 on one. A recent scouting report on DJ I read didn't sound so good. Not sure if the Bears would like him at 4. Also, Mel now has Rolle going closer to 20. Not going to happen at 4 or 7 in my opinion

Edited by Punch and Judy Garland

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Mar 7, 2005 -> 10:48 PM)
Also, Mel now has Rolle going closer to 20. Not going to happen at 4 or 7 in my opinion

I agree with you. I just cant see Pac-Man Jones in front of Rolle. Rolle is my number 1 cb in the draft.

All this talk about Williamson in the 2nd round is a pipe dream. He's probably the 3rd best receiver in the draft behind edwards and williams. There's no way he falls to the 2nd round. Roddy White, Mathis (or whatever the guy from Hampton's name is), Roscoe Parrish, and maybe even Mark Clayton are more reasonable expectations.