The Left has lost it's Plot

moochpuppy

Great article. I'm not an expert on the British press but isn't the Guardian left leaning? From the article "But there are times when peace MUST BE MADE before it can be kept; and Europe as a whole has seen such moments as none of its business, relying on the US, and then usually blaming it for carrying the can." Amen to that. I'm not a clairvoyant but it is becoming more and more apparent to me that Blair and Bush are going to come out looking much better on this than their rigid hidebound opponents on the left.

This is an edited extract of an article from this week's New Statesman, explaining ex-editor John Lloyd's reasons for resigning as a columnist

It's not from the Guardian, they are just posting it in their paper because they like to be pretty fair in their coverage, unlike American media sources.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,276...,935251,00.html Hans Blix really condemns the Bush regime for their shenanigans.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,276...,935304,00.html Who needs unbiased weapons inspectors that have to answer to people that could be criticial of the US? Obviously not the UK and US. Can we say getting desperate?

Britain and the United States have bypassed the United Nations to establish a secret team of inspectors to resume the search for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

It is a sign of the desperation in London and Washington to find a "smoking gun" to justify the war that the Anglo-American team has already conducted three inspections in the past two weeks.

No banned weapons have so far been found.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,276...,935251,00.html  Hans Blix really condemns the Bush regime for their shenanigans.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,276...,935304,00.html Who needs unbiased weapons inspectors that have to answer to people that could be criticial of the US?  Obviously not the UK and US.  Can we say getting desperate?

Britain and the United States have bypassed the United Nations to establish a secret team of inspectors to resume the search for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

It is a sign of the desperation in London and Washington to find a "smoking gun" to justify the war that the Anglo-American team has already conducted three inspections in the past two weeks.

No banned weapons have so far been found.

yup..already laying the foundation so when WOMD are found we wil see those on theleft saying they were plante their by the US and the UK...

I posted this exact same thing in another thread regaurding the Guardian, but it is appropriate in this thread to, so I shall post it again:

I will never believe anything that comes out of London...there news media is extremely Liberal. Of course anything from another country is going to be anti-american. But London, possibly even all of Britain, is so anti-U.S. policy it sickens me...But when upset, we can always remind those limeys on the isle who won the revolutionary war.

:usa

I posted this exact same thing in another thread regaurding the Guardian, but it is appropriate in this thread to, so I shall post it again:

I will never believe anything that comes out of London...there news media is extremely Liberal. Of course anything from another country is going to be anti-american. But London, possibly even all of Britain, is so anti-U.S. policy it sickens me...But when upset, we can always remind those limeys on the isle who won the revolutionary war.

:usa

And admittedly biased and slanted FOX News is any better? Look at the 6 corporations that own TV stations and newspapers. Then tell me if our news is diversified and objective.

yup..already laying the foundation so when WOMD are found we wil see those on theleft saying they were plante their by the US and the UK...

I dont doubt that they are there. However, independent verification is necessary. Period. Find these WMD and bring the inspectors in to verify. If that's all it takes to make skeptical states happy, what's the big deal? If they aren't planted, there's nothing to lose.

I dont doubt that they are there. However, independent verification is necessary. Period. Find these WMD and bring the inspectors in to verify. If that's all it takes to make skeptical states happy, what's the big deal? If they aren't planted, there's nothing to lose.

hans blix wants to go back in as soon as its secure...i see no problem with that..independant inspector , lke you said ,should squelch any skeptism