Around The Majors

Hawkins 02-05 Pitches 1-15 626AB .252A .278O  .363S .641OPS

Not closer material.

C Lee had an RBI DB, H, 1K, 1W in 7PA.  That RBI DB was Milw's first.

C Lee 2005 3G .357A  .400O  .786S  1.186OPS

Not too shabby.

WOW, what a shock, more numbers. :lol:

Baseball is all about numbers, there are never any intangibles involved.

Ask me if I care about all your number droning, :sleep

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Rays acquire Taylor from Rockies

Left-hander Seay traded to Colorado"

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article...t=.jsp&c_id=mlb

ST. PETERSBURG -- Longtime Devil Rays left-hander Bobby Seay barely missed winning a bullpen slot this spring, and now he has been traded to the Rockies in exchange for outfielder Reggie Taylor.

Taylor, 28, was the Phillies' first-round pick (14th overall) in the 1995 June draft and has played in 249 career Major League games -- mostly with the Cincinnati Reds during the 2002 and '03 seasons; he has a .233 average with 14 home runs and 57 RBIs. He did not play in the Major Leagues during the 2004 season when he split time between Triple-A Louisville (Reds) and Triple-A Charlotte (White Sox) and hit .274 with a career-high 23 doubles and 20 home runs.

Reggie Taylor played for the Charlotte Knights last season and Bobby Seay was drafted by the Sox but didn't sign.

Think Yankees fans miss El Duque? Here's what their new 5th starter, Jaret Wright, did against the Orioles...

NY Yankees      IP   H  R  ER  BB  SO  HR  ERA 
Wright(L, 0-1)  4.0  8  6  6   1   4   1   13.50

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 03:13 AM)
Think Yankees fans miss El Duque?  Here's what their new 5th starter, Jaret Wright, did against the Orioles...

NY Yankees      IP   H  R  ER  BB  SO  HR  ERA 
Wright(L, 0-1)  4.0  8  6  6   1   4   1   13.50

Let's just hope Duque doesn't give up a grand slam to Jose Valentin when he comes to town this June...

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 04:24 PM)
Hawkins 02-05 Pitches 1-15 626AB .252A .278O  .363S .641OPS

Not closer material.

C Lee had an RBI DB, H, 1K, 1W in 7PA.  That RBI DB was Milw's first.

C Lee 2005 3G .357A  .400O  .786S  1.186OPS

Not too shabby.

Juggy heres a stat for you from the new rules regarding sigs.

Up to 10 lines of text is allowed if no image is present in the signature.

By my count u have 9 lines of normal size and one line of larger size font (which equals 2 lines) therefore you have 11 lines of sig. Maybe the mods will allow it. :D

WOW, what a shock, more numbers. :lol:

Baseball is all about numbers, there are never any intangibles involved.

Ask me if I care about all your number droning,  :sleep

Exactly what intangibles are you referring to suggesting Hawkins is a good closer or

Lee is not playing at an MVP level? Rumors, innuendos of how Lee was a club house cancer? I don't buy it.

Exactly what intangibles are you referring to suggesting Hawkins is a good closer or

Lee is not playing at an MVP level?  Rumors, innuendos of how Lee was a club house cancer?  I don't buy it.

Please refer me to where I said Hawkins is a good closer. Please also refer me to where I said Lee is not playing to an MVP level, although this is ridiculous since he is only 4 games into his season.

For the record, I think Hawkins sucks as a closer and that makes me happy.

As for Lee, I'm not going to crunch numbers after 4 games and start throwing around terms like MVP ... that's your gig.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 11:55 AM)
And how close were the Sox to signing him this off-season? For a day or two there, It sounded like he was picking out a locker on the Southside......

That was one deal I was THRILLED we didn't make. The guy has Esteban Loiaza written all over him.

I'm going to post this in here. What do you guys think if having a generic baseball only forum. I know the sports bar is where pretty much everything generic goes, but do you think it would be better to have a board soley dedicated to all non-White Sox baseball talk?

If so we'll set one up. Tex suggested it and now we want to see what the members think.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 12:09 PM)
I'm going to post this in here.  What do you guys think if having a generic baseball only forum. I know the sports bar is where pretty much everything generic goes, but do you think it would be better to have a board soley dedicated to all non-White Sox baseball talk? 

If so we'll set one up.  Tex suggested it and now we want to see what the members think.

Isn't this it?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 06:05 PM)
That was one deal I was THRILLED we didn't make.  The guy has Esteban Loiaza written all over him.

I don't think the deal the Sox had for him would have been at seven million, though, but I agree with you -- I'm glad we got El Duque, at a pretty cheap price (four million, two years?), instead. I'm actually sort of proud that Kenny didn't get into a bidding war for some of the average pitchers that were getting huge contracts this winter. The only contracts that I can think of right now that seemed fair to me were the Odalis Perez one and the Hernandez one...

In other news, Sandy Alomar has three RBI's and is 3-3 as Texas is beating Seattle, 3-1. :cheers :headbang

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 05:02 PM)
In other news, Sandy Alomar has three RBI's and is 3-3 as Texas is beating Seattle, 3-1.  :cheers  :headbang

Awesome. Good to see Sandy still has the ability to get the job done. I still hold my opinion from the past couple years, that I hope he can consider coming back to Chicago as a coach, when he feels he can't play any longer.