Around The Majors

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 2, 2005 -> 09:55 PM)
That's never a good idea. :lol:

Actually, he was 1-1 with a 2.45 era and 14 k's before tonight.

He's been serviceable, but now I have to search the waivers...

Not much is available in a 16-team league. :banghead

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 2, 2005 -> 09:06 PM)

Not much is available in a 16-team league.    :banghead

Oh I know, he's just not a very good pitcher though.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 3, 2005 -> 03:06 AM)

Not much is available in a 16-team league.    :banghead

How about John Patterson, Erik Bedard, Scott Kazmir, etc? Are all of these dudes taken?

I want Patterson, but I have three guys on the DL, and only one DL spot. I'm kinda pissed that there's only one DL spot in soxtalk leagues. It doesn't make much sense.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ May 3, 2005 -> 01:36 PM)
How about John Patterson, Erik Bedard, Scott Kazmir, etc?  Are all of these dudes taken?

I want Patterson, but I have three guys on the DL, and only one DL spot.  I'm kinda pissed that there's only one DL spot in soxtalk leagues.  It doesn't make much sense.

All taken. I'm open for other suggestions.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 4, 2005 -> 12:34 AM)
I guess dropping fogg and picking up glavine to start tonight was a horrible idea too...

s***

Ouch.

I've been watching Glavine, and he's been unfortunate to say the least.

I'm in soxtalk league 3 (12 teams). There are a lot of starters available that I'd like to either own or take a chance on. You can't say the same for any position on offense...the cupboard is completely dry outside of some Rockies sleepers.

Guys that I would pick up right now if I had room:

John Patterson

Matt Morris (ignoring 04 splits)

Joel Pineiro (ignoring 04 splits)

Erik Bedard

Guys that I'd be willing to take a chance on:

Ryan Franklin 1.17 WHIP

Victor Santos 1.01 WHIP

Aaron Heilman 1.16 WHIP

Joe Blanton 1.15 WHIP

David Bush 1.21 WHIP

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ May 3, 2005 -> 08:51 PM)
Ouch.

I've been watching Glavine, and he's been unfortunate to say the least.

I'm in soxtalk league 3 (12 teams).  There are a lot of starters available that I'd like to either own or take a chance on.  You can't say the same for any position on offense...the cupboard is completely dry outside of some Rockies sleepers.

Guys that I would pick up right now if I had room:

John Patterson

Matt Morris (ignoring 04 splits)

Joel Pineiro (ignoring 04 splits)

Erik Bedard

Guys that I'd be willing to take a chance on:

Ryan Franklin 1.17 WHIP

Victor Santos 1.01 WHIP

Aaron Heilman 1.16 WHIP

Joe Blanton 1.15 WHIP

David Bush 1.21 WHIP

Yeah, I was dropping him and adding that santos guy when I posted. His were the only numbers that look decent from what's available...Half the guys from that 2nd list are available.

16-team league...currently in 2nd, and fading...but it's just for fun...

benitez :banghead

Oh yeah...thanx.

Edited by SleepyWhiteSox

Jose Valentin will undergo an MRI on Wednesday after suffering a sprained right knee tonight.  If he needs to go on the DL, the Dodgers could stick with Norihiro Nakamura or give Willy Aybar a look. Valentin did have a hit before leaving tonight to snap out of an 0-for-26 slump. May. 4 - 1:56 am et

Nakamura is a visually interesting hitter but I don't think he'll hit in the bigs. Tough break for Chico Valentin and I hope he's ok. Aybar is an interesting prospect too. I guess they want to handle uber-prospect Joel guzman with kid gloves for the moment. BTW Sleepy, throw out Morris' 04 splits because he gutted it out hurt. He's healthy and has more pop on his fastball and bite on his curve than he's had in years. Inside, he's still a 22 game winner that he was and is arm is finally coming around to match his fortitude.

Nice little goof on the ESPN.com front page. One of the links on the bottom is to a Cardinals boxscore with the heading "St. Louis improves its MLB-best record (17-8) Jason Marquis' eight shutout innings Tuesday night." Last I checked 19-7 is better than 17-8. Way to forget about us again.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 4, 2005 -> 07:04 PM)
Ok, victor santos is due up for me against the cubbies...

Hopefully he can break this fogg-glavine curse...

It's like the damn 5th starter spot from last year's Sox for me...I can't get a break...

I hope he kicks ass so that Turnbow can get another save for me. Things are starting to look up for the Brew crew. Their current squad is doing well, and they have like 4 or 5 mega prospects on the way. The bullpen, which I thought would be somewhat of a weakness, has looked good. Sheets/Davis/Santos is looking like a pretty nice 1-2-3 thus far.

But then again, Santos could get murdered from here on out. Same with Turnbow. It's hard to evaluate that team.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ May 5, 2005 -> 06:41 PM)
Dude, he hasn't allowed a hit in 10 straight innings now, since April 12.  That's insane.

Well, looks like I jinxed him. Two outs in the bottom of the 9th, 5-4 Milwaukee, and Aramis Ramirez hits a solo shot. Blown Save numero uno, and first hit allowed since April 12. Oh well, I guess that the dude is human.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ May 5, 2005 -> 08:02 PM)
Turnbow picks up the win on a walkoff "Little Flipper" by Carlos Lee.

Yes indeed, 2nd straight win for Turnbow against the Cubs.

Seriously, this guy is turning into a fantasy monster. He now has 3 wins and 4 saves since he became the closer on April 24. :o

Yes, not even two weeks ago.

Edited by hammerhead johnson