Around The Majors

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Apr 23, 2005 -> 09:50 PM)
Wow, that's not good. He was off to such a great offensive start too..

He folded, nothing announced, but he was down for a few minutes and they held his arm close to his body when he eventually walked off.

I guess that's the end of the Valentin to the Cubs rumors.

Ouch, I hope he gets better fast.

OT: If any of you can change the calendar on the bottom of the site, Wednesday's game is at 2:35, not 12:35. I was confused because I didn't think the game started at 10:30 in Oakland. I dont know who does that, but it's not a big deal.

Edited by whitesoxin'

This is hilarious...

The Official Yankees/Jaret Wright/What the @#$@#$!!!!! Thread over at BTF

Wright has had two operations on his right shoulder, and spent time on the disabled list every year from 1999-02. He has not been sidelined since.

For the record…

J. Wright: Four starts 19.2IP 9.15 ERA .400 BAA 13/9 K/BB 6HR

J. Lieber: Four starts 29.2IP 2.73 ERA .263 BAA 9/2 K/BB 5HR

J. Wright: 3yr/$21MM

J. Lieber: 3yr/$21MM

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 23, 2005 -> 10:29 PM)

I said before the off season free agents signings started happening that Jon Leiber would be the best pitching value on the market and the Sox should go after him. The only one at this point that I'd consider a possible better value would be El Duque. So all is good. :)

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 01:05 PM)
Jake Peavy is good.

Yes he is. My favorite for NL Cy Young right now, although anyone pitching half their games at PETCO would be pretty damn good.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 09:04 PM)
Yes he is. My favorite for NL Cy Young right now, although anyone pitching half their games at PETCO would be pretty damn good.

Koch and mike jackson should give the padres a call.

"Blue Jays catching change"

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_r...t=.jsp&c_id=tor

The TORONTO BLUE JAYS have purchased the contract of C KEN HUCKABY from the Syracuse SkyChiefs of the International League (AAA) after catcher GREG MYERS elected free agency in lieu of accepting an assignment to Syracuse.

MYERS, who turned 39 on April 14, has appeared in six games this season collecting one hit in 12 at bats (.083) with one RBI. The 6-2, 225 lb. left-handed hitter from Riverside, California is in his 18th Major League season after being selected by the Blue Jays in the third round of the June 1984 First Year Player Draft. In 1,108 Major League games, MYERS has a .255 average with 150 doubles, seven triples, 87 home runs and 396 RBI.

I stopped by the MLB board today -- something I probably haven't done in 6 months or better -- This was the first topic. I LOLed

If we're playing hit and run, Ichiro would be a god on our team. Anyway you guys think we could somehow get him if our GM was interested? Jermaine Dye chokes it up against his former team for g0d's sakes. Until then, we might as well put in Gload or Timo Perez in RF cuz at least they can get base hits. I see a change in that if Dye isn't hitting hamburgers by the time spring is over.

Yeah, I'm sure Seattle is looking to drag themselves out from under that painful Ichiro! contract. Damn him and his useless production.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 01:29 PM)
I stopped by the MLB board today -- something I probably haven't done in 6 months or better -- This was the first topic.  I LOLed

Yeah, I'm sure Seattle is looking to drag themselves out from under that painful Ichiro! contract.  Damn him and his useless production.

Interesting that Scotty Pods is doing so well in your sig.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 12:29 PM)
I stopped by the MLB board today -- something I probably haven't done in 6 months or better -- This was the first topic.  I LOLed

Yeah, I'm sure Seattle is looking to drag themselves out from under that painful Ichiro! contract.  Damn him and his useless production.

QUOTE(knightni @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 12:31 PM)
Interesting that Scotty Pods is doing so well in your sig.

:lol: :lol: On both!

Peavy actually had a 2.33 era on the road last year which is amazing. Considering there is Colorado and Arizona as visitng ballparks int he division-that's not too bad. When I heard that Sutcliffe said he wouldn't trade Peavy for any player in baseball I thought he was exaggerating but I might take him over any pitcher if I started a team. Even maybe Santanamania.

I drafted Peavy in about the 5th round in a fantasy league this year. To me, he could have easily been NL Cy Young if he didn't have some DL Stints last year (although Jason Schmidt was fantastic), but he's just come on so well, and isn't experiencing a slump like Oliver Perez, which is an interesting comparison b/w the 2.

I wanted to post this somewhere, but didn't think it deserved it's own thread. I'm starting a blog. I don't think I'm going to have time to update it daily, but twice-three times a week sounds right. I'll have the link posted in my sig, asap. This first week probably won't have a lot of stuff because my AP American History test is this Friday, but after that, hopefully I'll be able to spend some more time on it.