Around The Majors

Wow...lethargic doesnt even begin to describe the Yankees offense. I guess thats what you get when you have many 33+ year old guys making way too much though. You deserve every bit of grief Steinbrenner.

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ May 5, 2005 -> 02:07 PM)
Yes indeed, 2nd straight win for Turnbow against the Cubs.

Seriously, this guy is turning into a fantasy monster.  He now has 3 wins and 4 saves since he became the closer on April 24. :o

Yes, not even two weeks ago.

we got a super sleeper with him , blew the save but picked up the win. Best of all it is against the cubs! :cheers

I saw Turnbow pitch for the first time this afternoon and that man looks incredible. One of his fastballs reached 98mph! That is sick.

The Brewers have a pretty good bullpen...

Abreu hits a dong off Zambrano to make it 2-1. Cubs still leading though. I would also like to mention that I called Bobby's shot. There were two outs and nobody one with a 1-2 count. I said to myself he was going to hit it out because Zambrano thought he was out of the inning and sure enough boom went the dynamite.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ May 8, 2005 -> 02:37 PM)
Abreu hits a dong off Zambrano to make it 2-1. Cubs still leading though. I would also like to mention that I called Bobby's shot. There were two outs and nobody one with a 1-2 count. I said to myself he was going to hit it out because Zambrano thought he was out of the inning and sure enough boom went the dynamite.

hopefully Phils can come back, i need Myers to get a W for my fantasy league, :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ May 8, 2005 -> 03:16 PM)
2-1 Cubs top of 9. Abreu on 2nd with nobody out.

Now he's on 3rd with one out. Ryan Howard is up. C'mon Ryno!!

Bad move to keep howard in there. Would you want Joe Borchard up to bat with the tying run on second and less than 2 outs.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 8, 2005 -> 02:23 PM)
How many pitches did Zambrano throw?!?!?!?!?!

136 pitches...

But luckily the cubs outstanding announcers told me that even though his pitch count is high, since he cruised so easily and never labored it wasnt like he actually threw that many pitches...I have no f***ing idea what that means :huh

You know your bullpen is crap when you sign Darren Oliver. :lol:

http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/p...ort=MLB&id=5127

Latest News  May. 8, 2005 - 3:45 pm et

Cubs signed LHP Darren Oliver to a minor league contract and assigned him to Triple-A Iowa.

Oliver told the Diamondbacks he was considering retirement when he asked for his release a week ago. He had a 6.38 ERA in four starts for Triple-A Tucson, so he shouldn't be viewed as any sort of immediate fix for the Cubs.

Edited by Jabroni

TRADE FOR OVERBAY!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/gammons/story?id=2055896

The Brewers face an interesting situation when Prince Fielder is ready to come up, perhaps this September. Lyle Overbay is established as a premium first baseman (a 1.139 OPS a month into this season) who will likely be available in what would have to be a major trade, since Overbay won't be arbitration-eligible until after next season.