The D-Rays

SoxFan1

They already have Parque and Piniella. So, they go out and sign John "You Black Mo'Fo'" Rocker! Sheesh, bad things on the horizon for them!

Rocker is a hell of a pitcher when he stays out of trouble. i think lou-lou might be able to keep him under control, and if he can they just got a MLB closer for 300k.

With a team that's rebuilding with young guys like Huff, Baldelli, and Crawford, i don't think they need an older guy to "look up to" and use as an "example" as john rocker...I think this could be detrimental to the team more than anything

he will be on the minor league team to start. so if he isnt doin well then they can release him on a minor league deal.

Well, the Jail Blazers actually have a ton of talent on their team. From 1-12, they're possibly the most talented team in the NBA. The D'Rays, on the other hand, have little talent. But, since the Blazers are chokers in the clutch, both teams suck equally.

I hope the Lakers can stay in the 5th spot (or move up to #4) so they can play Portland in the first round again -- because it's hilarious watching the Blazers implode.

If the Lakers play the Blazers in the first round,  It'll make me sick.  That would make it, I think, 5 of the last 6 years being eliminated by the Lakers. 

Oh well, I always los interest in the NBA around playoff time.  The Sox get all my attention.  :headbang

Well, as of now, the Lakers and Wolves are tied for 5th in the West, and they're both just 1/2 game behind 4th place Portland. The Lakers play Portland on Sunday in LA, so LA could be in 4th by the end of the weekend. Looks like they're either going to play Portland or the Wolves at this point. The only question is who will have homecourt.

I believe the theory is that Rocker is good for attendance.

People aren't going to go watch a crappy team to see Rocker. He's not quite the train wreck that some others in sports are (see, Mike Tyson). The only hope the D'Rays have is that Rocker will be great until the trading deadline, and then hopefully get a solid prospect for him, because Rocker could make a HUGE difference on a team that needs a closer and/or left-handed set-up man.

Guest hotsoxchick1
I believe the theory is that Rocker is good for attendance.

that only works in chicago where we love the "bad boys".......