joe mauer

sec159row2

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Mar 8, 2005 -> 09:23 PM)
People have had pretty strong reactions to something they know very little about. Just wait a few days and see how it responds.

Usually, knee problems, less than 25 years old, and catcher aren't phrases you want to hear in the same sentence.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Mar 8, 2005 -> 03:51 PM)
I can't say I'm upset at hearing our division rival's top prospect may miss playing time.  Not that I would wish injury on anyone.

My sentiments exactly. The kid could be a major stud. I'd be a lot sadder if he were a Brewer or something. He also went to Catholic high school with a friend from college--I guess he's a really nice stand up guy. Of course, I'm sure he'd be a lot nicer if he weren't a Twin...

Edited by ChiSoxyGirl

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Mar 8, 2005 -> 03:51 PM)
I can't say I'm upset at hearing our division rival's top prospect may miss playing time.  Not that I would wish injury on anyone.

Yeah same here. I don't wish for injuries, but I'm not saddened by this either.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Mar 8, 2005 -> 07:24 PM)
Yeah but you can't mention the draft choice without mentioning Prior getting 10 million.

Yes, because that's the reason they selected Mauer instead of Prior.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Mar 8, 2005 -> 06:37 PM)
Isn't that why Konerko had to give up catching full time?

Konerko's was a chronic hip problem. Mauer had a scope on his knee last year. He should not have swelling occurring now. There is something fishy going on. Stay tuned.

I'm sorry but after hearing how he was going to emerge as the next Albert Pujols I can't help but smile. Without Mauer I guess Gammons has to rethink the Twins winning the WS :D

Personally I hope the kid is ok & has a future. I would love for the Sox to be able to sign him down the road at a below market price. Maybe he'll piss some one of like AJ did ;)

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 8, 2005 -> 03:31 PM)
Usually, knee problems, less than 25 years old, and catcher aren't phrases you want to hear in the same sentence.

I dunno about that, how about this:

"Joe Namath tried to kiss a girl who was less than 25 years old, but due to his football-related knee problems he couldn't catcher."

:D