College Students, or graduates

shagar69

I was thinking about studying abroad next year during my soph. year. This is simply based on the fact that i just think that it would be interesting. I dont know too much about how the program works or anything like that. Have any of you guys participated in one of these, or know someone who has? if so, where did you go and how did u enjoy it. Do you recommend that it is something a college student should do? thanks

My sister went to Germany for one year of school after her senior year of high school. She loved it and still keeps in touch with her host family. Right now, as a junior in college, she is doing a study abroad program in India, New Zeland, and China. She is having the time of her life. I would highly recommend it based on what my sister has told me.

Edited by whitesoxin'

QUOTE(shagar69 @ Mar 8, 2005 -> 05:34 PM)
I was thinking about studying abroad next year during my soph. year.  This is simply based on the fact that i just think that it would be interesting.  I dont know too much about how the program works or anything like that.  Have any of you guys participated in one of these, or know someone who has? if so, where did you go and how did u enjoy it.  Do you recommend that it is something a college student should do? thanks

Do it!

I went to Scotland for a semester and Mexico for one of our one month terms. Those were definitely some of my best college memories. It was definitely a highlight of that experience and my life. I would recommend studying abroad in a heartbeat.

How much it costs really depends on the program. If you go through your school it might be cheaper than one of those outside programs. I would talk to your study abroad office about options and pricing. Also, I would recommend talking with your major department about how this will affect your ability to graduate ontime. I went as a Junior so I could have most of my core requirements out of the way--and that worked out nicely. But if you can swing it--do it!

Shagar you are at U of I right? I haven't studied abroad, but i know a lot of people who have, and all have loved it. Supposedly the program here is awesome and it's not insanely expensive. I know people who have went to Spain a few times, Ireland, etc.

QUOTE(shagar69 @ Mar 8, 2005 -> 05:34 PM)
I was thinking about studying abroad next year during my soph. year.  This is simply based on the fact that i just think that it would be interesting.  I dont know too much about how the program works or anything like that.  Have any of you guys participated in one of these, or know someone who has? if so, where did you go and how did u enjoy it.  Do you recommend that it is something a college student should do? thanks

If I was to study abroad, I'd study ChiSoxy :ph34r: :lolhitting

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Mar 8, 2005 -> 07:09 PM)
Shagar you are at U of I right? I haven't studied abroad, but i know a lot of people who have, and all have loved it. Supposedly the program here is awesome and it's not insanely expensive. I know people who have went to Spain a few times, Ireland, etc.

yea, i am at U of I. and yea, the prices arent that bad. For some countries it costs the same or even a little bit less than tuition here. Some are a couple grand more per year, but i think that the experience would be worth it. I was thinkin about going to Europe somewhere, maybe UK, Germany, or Amsterdam, although I dont know how much studying I would do there.......

How ironic, my wife just told me a friend's daughter was robbed last night in Italy at a bar and they are now climbing through hoops, replacing credit cards, travelers checks, ID, passport, etc. She didn't listen to the group who told her to leave most of that in the apartment, not in her purse. :headshake Scary stuff for parents :huh:

Edited by Texsox

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 8, 2005 -> 10:02 PM)
Try sobering up and taking things seriously first.

sobering up? cuz i drink on the weekends means i need to sober up? and cuz i post stupid s*** on a message board means i need to take things seriously? yea, im sure u know me well dude

QUOTE(shagar69 @ Mar 8, 2005 -> 09:18 PM)
sobering up? cuz i drink on the weekends means i need to sober up? and cuz i post stupid s*** on a message board means i need to take things seriously? yea, im sure u know me well dude

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...57entry596657

Yeah you need to be out representing our country. Seriously.

QUOTE(shagar69 @ Mar 8, 2005 -> 09:44 PM)
wow, i posted something while I was drunk. i definitely shouldnt be allowed to do anything now. f*** off dude

I think that attitude might also be behind his thinking--or at least it's crossed my mind.

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Mar 8, 2005 -> 10:47 PM)
I think that attitude might also be behind his thinking--or at least it's crossed my mind.

yea well, my atitudes like that cuz this dudes actin like he knows me even though all he knows about me is that i post on a internet message board. :finger southsider

QUOTE(shagar69 @ Mar 8, 2005 -> 09:50 PM)
yea well, my atitudes like that cuz this dudes actin like he knows me even though all he knows about me is that i post on a internet message board. :finger southsider

then why don't you help us all out and stop letting us know you in any sort of way.

if you didn't get that, that means stop posting please.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Mar 9, 2005 -> 12:44 AM)
then why don't you help us all out and stop letting us know you in any sort of way.

if you didn't get that, that means stop posting please.

o now ur tellin me what i should and shouldnt do. U can go f*** urself as well, along with SouthSider. :finger

QUOTE(shagar69 @ Mar 9, 2005 -> 05:28 PM)
o  now ur tellin me what i should and shouldnt do.  U can go f*** urself as well, along with SouthSider. :finger

Having an attitude like that and personally attacking everyone just because they disagree with your confrontational attitude and views isn't going to get you far around here or anywhere on a message board. (..... waiting to be told "you know what")