ACC Tournament Predictions

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 12, 2005 -> 03:33 PM)
The scary thing is that Tech could end up as an 8 seed.  How s***ty would that be to see them as a #1 seed?

What I was just telling wharris a little while ago if gtech wins their tourney I think they get up to atleast a 7 seed and maybe a 6. Remember last year when Maryland came into the acc tourney as a bubble team, won the tourney and they became a 5 seed. I agree with you guys though, gtech right now can beat absolutely anyone and if they don't win the tourney and they end up as an 8 or a 9, the 1 seed who they get matched up against in the 2nd round is getting a raw deal.

Tech is gonna be the team no one wants to play in the tourney. God, I hope Iowa isn't slated to play them in the 1st round :)

Of course they'll also be worn out, just like my Hawks might from having so many games in such a short span.

They played really good though, all it took was getting BJ Elder back. And Bynum was insane.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 12, 2005 -> 01:39 PM)
What I was just telling wharris a little while ago if gtech wins their tourney I think they get up to atleast a 7 seed and maybe a 6.  Remember last year when Maryland came into the acc tourney as a bubble team, won the tourney and they became a 5 seed.  I agree with you guys though, gtech right now can beat absolutely anyone and if they don't win the tourney and they end up as an 8 or a 9, the 1 seed who they get matched up against in the 2nd round is getting a raw deal.

And then didn't Maryland pretty much choke and burn right out of the tourney? Thats what you have to also look for since GT is using up a lot of there energy. Of course GT is one of the best teams in the country on paper and they are just finally starting to play like that.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 12, 2005 -> 03:46 PM)
And then didn't Maryland pretty much choke and burn right out of the tourney?  Thats what you have to also look for since GT is using up a lot of there energy.  Of course GT is one of the best teams in the country on paper and they are just finally starting to play like that.

They lost to Syracuse in the 2nd round who was a higher seed so I wouldn't call it a choke job. To me when Gtech is playing their game they are one of the best teams in the country but as you guys know I've been saying that for a while now.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Mar 12, 2005 -> 05:11 PM)
If Will Bynum decides to take a game over like he did today, they are almost unstoppable. He makes Felton even look slow, its almost not fair.

I love watching Bynum play. He's from chicago and I saw him play in a high school all star game back in the day and I immediately fell in love with the way he plays the game.

Suprise suprise, GT playing like crap. Will Bynum has decided one day of fame was enough. Also, I just love this magical coaching job they keep mentioning about coach K. They just keep forgetting Duke has more Mickey D's AA's than anyone in the nation, but what a wonderful job.