White Sox v. San Diego (3/9/05)

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 9, 2005 -> 04:01 PM)
Are you glad that Diaz just made you look stupid? :lol:

OH NOES!!1!!!111!!! DIAZ GAVE UP 2 RUNS IN A ST GAME HE IS DEEMED TO SUCK FOREVER AND EVER AND HE WILL NEVER BE GOOD!

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 9, 2005 -> 10:01 PM)
Are you glad that Diaz just made you look stupid? :lol:

Like I said, I'm glad you make your opinion based on such a huge size of IP at the major league level.

Better yet, Spring Training.

Aww, the dips*** sign isn't on the front page of smiley's...

Like I said, I'm glad you make your opinion based on such a huge size of IP at the major league level.

Better yet, Spring Training.

Aww, the dips*** sign isn't on the front page of smiley's...

Who you callin' a dips***? Aren't you late for study hall, son?

QUOTE(professionalfan @ Mar 9, 2005 -> 10:05 PM)
Hey, I just got on.  Can you tell me who has pitched so far?  Thanks

Buehrle pitched, pitched very well.

Diaz pitched, meh -- not great, mediocre.

Reynoso came in and bailed out Diaz. He's in right now.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 9, 2005 -> 02:09 PM)
Grilli.

Oh, ok, LOL. I was puzzled and I knew there was a pitcher on the Sox that met that category. Although Grilli is nothing in my book, imo.

He was pretty well removed from injury cause he had pitched fully in the previous year with the Marlins organization if I recall.

As far as Diaz goes, I'm souring on him. He'll never be a very good major leaguer. His only shot is back of the rotation or middle of the pen, imo. And he won't get there until he starts repeating his delivery and stops hanging pitches.

Diaz can throw a sharp couple pitches but no matter what he'll throw a ton of flat breaking pitches that just HAAAANG.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 9, 2005 -> 02:11 PM)
Looked good when he was in.  I'll watch more carefully when he comes in next inning, Jason.

I know he's got a good fastball (velocity wise), but don't really know how his offspeed pitch is. I think he throws both a curve and a slider..not sure on that though.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Mar 9, 2005 -> 02:12 PM)
What is it with everyone up everyone else's ass around here lately?  Take a deep breath - it's only a message board. ;)

Thats it Queenie...Shut the hell up, why you have to hate. I'm sick of your personal attacks :P

Seriously though, everyone take a look at queenie said, click your cleats three times and repeat the phrase...its only a message board, its only a message board, its only a message board

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 9, 2005 -> 04:09 PM)
Buehrle pitched, pitched very well.

Diaz pitched, meh -- not great, mediocre.

Reynoso came in and bailed out Diaz.  He's in right now.

Forgot about Clifford coming in in the fifth with two on no outs and inducing a groundball double play and a pop out to get out of the fifth.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 9, 2005 -> 10:12 PM)
I know he's got a good fastball (velocity wise), but don't really know how his offspeed pitch is.  I think he throws both a curve and a slider..not sure on that though.

Looks like we won't get a chance to tell you how Reynoso looks...

Man-Hands is in. :)

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Mar 9, 2005 -> 04:13 PM)
Anybody want to join me in the Pablo Ozuna Fan Club?

:headbang  :headbang  :headbang

Maybe it's me, but he looks like Pokey Reese in that picture. Which is scary to think of him in a Sox uniform :puke

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 9, 2005 -> 04:11 PM)
Oh, ok, LOL.  I was puzzled and I knew there was a pitcher on the Sox that met that category.  Although Grilli is nothing in my book, imo.

He was pretty well removed from injury cause he had pitched fully in the previous year with the Marlins organization if I recall. 

As far as Diaz goes, I'm souring on him.  He'll never be a very good major leaguer.  His only shot is back of the rotation or middle of the pen, imo.  And he won't get there until he starts repeating his delivery and stops hanging pitches.

Diaz can throw a sharp couple pitches but no matter what he'll throw a ton of flat breaking pitches that just HAAAANG.

Well, I personally liked Jason and I definitely liked his stuff. I thought last year was Jason's first full year back from surgery if not well then I retract that statement. I'm not saying with Jason that he was going to be a star or anything but I do believe he had a shot to be decent but that's jmo. Anyways with Felix I'm with you. I've always thought he could be a number 5 starter in the bigs and I still think he could get there, he's just never going to be anything special. Like I said earlier there is obviously something upstairs with him that's not clicking in the majors. Besides the mental aspect the other thing that really bothers me about Felix is his fastball is so damn straight and if he's going to pitch in the bigs he's going to have to be perfect with that pitch.