Looking back on...

SoxFan1

Talk about a steal. He came in here and dominated in his 1st game! Yup, last year, he came in for Buehrle on opening Day in the 8th and struck out the side. Thats when I knew that he was for real. We won that game 1-0!

Talk about a steal. He came in here and dominated in his 1st game! Yup, last year, he came in for Buehrle on opening Day in the 8th and struck out the side. Thats when I knew that he was for real. We won that game 1-0!

I believe I'm correct in saying we also got Ruddy(Edwin) Yan in the deal as well and didn't he steal a record like 88 bases in Single A.

:canada

I believe I'm correct in saying we also got Ruddy(Edwin) Yan in the deal as well and didn't he steal a record like 88 bases in Single A.

Yes we did get him...

Yes we did get him...

and how old is he now does he have chance of making it on this team ever.

Baseball America lists him as 21, he broke camp with the High A team of Winston Salem.  I have got to imagine if this guy can hit .270 and field for anything, he has got to be able to find a home somewhere.  I don't know his scouting report though. :usa

As a resident member of the Soxnet.net Minor League Staff.......... I know a litte bit on good ol ruddy....

He can field excellentely, and run like no-other.......... but scouts believe that his hitting is too weak to last in the majors...... So he might be Royce with speed. However, I think alot of it has to do with him still developing as a man...... he's definitely gotta hit the gym though......

Baseball America lists him as 21, he broke camp with the High A team of Winston Salem.  I have got to imagine if this guy can hit .270 and field for anything, he has got to be able to find a home somewhere.  I don't know his scouting report though. :usa

As a resident member of the Soxnet.net Minor League Staff.......... I know a litte bit on good ol ruddy....

He can field excellentely, and run like no-other.......... but scouts believe that his hitting is too weak to last in the majors...... So he might be Royce with speed. However, I think alot of it has to do with him still developing as a man...... he's definitely gotta hit the gym though......

i think every player needs to hit the gym it can only improve you, if you do it right.

I think it was a good deal for us, but..... I believe that Marte was going to be placed on waivers........ so KW could have gotten him for nada.... so the deal was actually Ruddy for Matt Guerrier.....Guerrier was I think like 19-4 in the minors that year so... I dunno, right now it's damn good though.

If you guys continue talking up this trade as a steal, or whatever, then KW is likely to read this s***, and it will all go his head and he will think that he is the world's greatest General Manager and he will start calling other GM's and we will all become Detroit fans.

Thats taking it to the extremes! :o

If you guys continue talking up this trade as a steal, or whatever, then KW is likely to read this s***, and it will all go his head and he will think that he is the world's greatest General Manager and he will start calling other GM's and we will all become Detroit fans.

You guys rip him to shreds when a deal goes bad....heaven forbid we compliment him on a great trade

Guest hotsoxchick1

when he makes a great trade that doesnt bit us in the ass later on then we can compliment him all you want... he hasnt done that yet though.... most everything was a bust or is about to bust..........

Guest hotsoxchick1
when he makes a great trade that doesnt bit us in the ass later on then we can compliment him all you want... he hasnt done that yet though.... most everything was a bust or is about to bust..........

Put that crack pipe down.

ok so what hasnt busted thus far..........can only think of one trade which hasnt gone belly up just yet .. but give it time it will fall in line like the others did...........we were in second place two years in a row under kw... we will remain there or worse if hes not gone soon............

What game were u watching last year? Not only did Marte struggle. The entire bullpen nearly blew a 5 run lead as we were barely able to hang on 6-5.....

ok so what hasnt busted thus far..........can only think of one trade which hasnt gone belly up just yet .. but give it time it will fall in line like the others did...........we were in second place two years in a row under kw... we will remain there or worse if hes not gone soon............

Well, the Marte trade hasn't been a bust, so I'm gonna guess you're calling the Colon trade a failure.

If that's the case, we disagree completely.

And we've had the players to win the crappy AL Central each of the past 2 seasons, but underachieving and injuries hindered our chances. If underachieving and injuries are KW's fault, then I guess he'll never win with some of you people.