Ever Get Made Fun Of?

SoxFan1

.375 is a helluva difficult goal to set and eventualy reach. My baseball team (varsity) probably has a team average af about .315. I managed last year and most of the batters were between .275 and .400, some over .400.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all my friends here are mostly cubs fans and the only reason they know anything outside of the cubs is because of fantasy baseball(1 actually didnt know who Barry Bonds was until last year.....).

And what makes it worse is whenevr we talk baseball and they say something thats wrong and i a course correct them they get all pissy pissy.... what am i apposed to do let them keep being wrong?

The only way i get any knowledgable baseball talk is i have a friend in texas whose a rangers fan but knows a lot about baseball and if it wasnt for him id probably have no one at all to have an actual baseball conversation.

on a sidenote i dont see why debating between Borchard and Perez is really wrong.... Borchard was playing in the game and some of us just would like him to be on the team over Timo.

Edited by SoxFan101

Made fun of...

All the time. I'm a 39 year-old practicing attorney living in Boulder, Colorado with a White Sox bumper sticker on his car. I travel home to Chicago for Soxfest every year and listen to spring traing games on mlb.com in my office. Everyone in my law firm thinks I'm the baseball equivalent of a trekky.

Never mind that the team I support has been to one World Series since 1919.

QUOTE(thomsonmi @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 11:47 PM)
What's funny too is that everyone in my office is a Rockies fan and I am the only one who recognizes what a great future that team has with guys like Jeff Francis, Ian Stewart, and Chris Nelson in the minors.

So it would seem anyways. The prosecution seeks to admit Jon Rauch, Joe Borchard, and Mike Caruso into evidence

I am almost in the same situation as silver and black. Sox/Bears (but not Illini) fan in Minneapolis, and, for the most part, the sports fans here are fair-weather idiots. That's why I'm so glad I found this place.

The steroid thing is a great example of the lameness of Minnesota fans. When they see that Frank has been subpeonaed (so sue me for the spelling, I'm a bartender, not a lawyer), they immedately say, "Frank Thomas has been taking steroids for years."

I then try to explain that Frank was 6'5", 270 from the day he came into the league and that he has been outspoken against the juice and that said outspokeness is the very reason why he wishes to testify. The response? "Well. I know he's done steroids."

Can't argue with logic like that.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Mar 11, 2005 -> 06:21 PM)
I am almost in the same situation as silver and black.  Sox/Bears (but not Illini) fan in Minneapolis, and, for the most part, the sports fans here are fair-weather idiots.  That's why I'm so glad I found this place.

The steroid thing is a great example of the lameness of Minnesota fans.  When they see that Frank has been subpeonaed (so sue me for the spelling, I'm a bartender, not a lawyer), they immedately say,  "Frank Thomas has been taking steroids for years." 

I then try to explain that Frank was 6'5", 270 from the day he came into the league and that he has been outspoken against the juice and that said outspokeness is the very reason why he wishes to testify.  The response?  "Well. I know he's done steroids." 

Can't argue with logic like that.

Frank was a TE in college at Auburn who blocked for Bo Jackson as a freshmen. How many skinny tight ends do you know?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 12, 2005 -> 03:23 PM)
Frank was a TE in college at Auburn who blocked for Bo Jackson as a freshmen.  How many skinny tight ends do you know?

I don't know. But if there is one the Bears will draft him in the first round.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 11, 2005 -> 11:38 PM)
Haha, good one Mpls. There is really nothing you can do. There are morons out there who think they know things that they really dont. BTW, who's signature is on that ball in your avy?

The best player out of St. Michaels, MD, Harold Baines.

Edited by Mplssoxfan

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 9, 2005 -> 09:11 PM)
I was at baseball practice, talking with 2 of my coaches the other day. Mind you, 1 is a Cub's fan and the other is a Sox fan. I start telling the Cubs fan about how Podsednik can outplay Patterson (more steals, defense, etc.) you know, backing up my team. So, I bust out with the stats and he was impressed, but to no evail, starts talking about Burnitz..........yes, Jeremy Burnitz. Enters the Sox fan coach and he asks and I quote "What team does Podsednik play on?" I reply "Are you serious?" and he says "Ya, man!." I proceed to ask him, for assurance, if he was a Sox fan. He says "Yes." I then proceed to ask him if he follows the Sox and he once again replies "Yes." I then say "No, you dont because if you did, you'd know that he was acquired from Milwaukee." He then says "Oh, well, all I know is that Carlos Lee is going to rock the Cell this year!" then I ask him "Oh really, do the Brewers play the Sox this year at the Cell?" and he replies "I don't know, why?" So, I tell him the story and inform him on the Sox' additions this winter. I was absolutely shocked. Also, the Cubs fan coach even knew about the Sox acquisitions. Then later on, I was talking to a teammate, started talking about Iguchi, and he asked me if I sit around and read about the Sox and s*** all day and I said "No, I sit around on the internet and read it!" Anyways, the point is that I am sometimes made fun of jockingly by people who don't necessarily follow their sport as much. Does this happen to anyone else?

People overdo it alot too. If someone started saying Patterson is better than Podsednik, I'd bet you'd do the same thing. Just saying.