Near Death Experiences...

flippedoutpunk

Hey y'all! I'm really bored and for some odd reason im wondering if any of you have any near death experiences that you would like to share. I guess i thought of this because as i was driving through a particular spot near 26th street today i was reminded of a time when i could've been possibly killed in a situation dealing with my car being stolen, except my situation ended in a pretty comic way.

I was driving down around 26th to pick up some old friends from grade school about a year and a half ago and i stopped at a stop sign and all of a sudden i hear a loud THUD against the back of my car, my dumbass took the time to look back and see what happened instead of driving off as fast as i could like i should have. Some local "thugs" (i wont call them gang members because if they were i probably would have ended up being shot and killed), were throwing bricks at my car. All of a sudden about 3 guys surround my car and one of the big guys pulled me out of the car and beat the living daylights out of me, i thought i was a goner. Another one of the guys went into my car and told his guys to get in, they all got in the car. Then, you hear the car stall. They start the car again and start over, it stalls again. All i hear is "f***! This piece of s*** is a stickshift!" It looks like none of the guys know how to drive a stick. Some cars started passing through the sidestreet we were on and they just said forget it and ran off. THanks to that experience i will never buy a car with an automatic transmission :D :drink

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was about 6 for mine. I snuck out of my backyard and went down the block with kids in the neighborhood to play in the hydrant. 6 yr old VS a fire hydrant - not good for the 6 yr old. I was thrown under a car and stuck there - never figured out how I got out. It was a good thing my friend's cousin noticed I was missing because he stopped traffic. Had he not done that both my legs would have been run over.

I had 7 stitches in the back of my head and road burn on my knees, elbows and a few other areas.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Mar 9, 2005 -> 09:57 PM)
I was about 6 for mine.  I snuck out of my backyard and went down the block with kids in the neighborhood to play in the hydrant.  6 yr old VS a fire hydrant - not good for the 6 yr old.  I was thrown under a car and stuck there - never figured out how I got out.  It was a good thing my friend's cousin noticed I was missing because he stopped traffic.  Had he not done that both my legs would have been run over.

I had 7 stitches in the back of my head and road burn on my knees, elbows and a few other areas.

Ouch! thats some scary stuff!

Oh and for the record... My hat was not pointing in any particular angle when i was attacked :P

I have a stupid story. One time about 6 years ago, I was just getting out of 7th grade. There was a flood that covered half of my neighborhood in water, you couldn't see grass or roads. Some people grabbed a canoe and rowed down the street, but anyways there's a bike trail around my neighborhood and it crosses this creek the creek a few times. A friend and I decided it'd be fun to bike on the trial while it's covered in water. We do and when we get to the creek, there's a big current probably going at least 40 mph. When I cross the creek my front tire makes it just fine, but my back tire goes off the bike path. I missjudged where the trail was, but luckily the current was going the opposite direction. If I would've been on the other side, I would've been swept away probably.

Once when I was young I had to grab two gallons of milk from our basement fridge. I reached the top step, and slipped. Did backward summersaults down about 10 wood steps and was stopped by a concrete floor. I wasn't near death, but that was painful.

Edited by 3E8

I don't really know how near death this is, but probly the closest i have come and it scared the s*** out of me for days.

I was coming back on the highway from Michigan to U of I, on 80/94 i believe, and as i was merging a jeep wrangler in the far left lane decided that he was going to merge back into the middle lane for some unknown reason. When i checked my mirror no one was in the lane, so i started to merge at like 55mph or so. All of the sudden after a second or two i hear a horn so i swerve back to the right, and the wrangler goes flying past me at what had to be 90mph, at least. He was f***ing flying, blew by me like i wasn't moving.

Well, right as he got by, he lost control and jammed into the median and flipped his car 4 or 5 times. So there i was watching this car flip in the middle of the highway not that far in front of me. It was the scariest thing i've ever seen in my life. All i know is, he could have rear ended me, and who knows how that would have turned out.

I have a few, I'll share 2.

One was a near drowning off the coast of Peru. The ground underneath us suddenly dropped like 4 feet and we were being pulled by the current. We're below average swimmers. Still not sure how we survived.

The other was on the road, I was on the highway, doing probably 65 MPH. Suddenly the van I was following (and couldn't see around) quickly changes lanes and there is an abandoned car stopped in my lane, with no lights on. So now, I'm literally 30 feet behind it and still moving at 65 MPH. I turned the wheel hard to the left and barely missed a car in that lane. I had to pull over and chill out for a while.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 09:13 AM)
The other was on the road, I was on the highway, doing probably 65 MPH. Suddenly the van I was following (and couldn't see around) quickly changes lanes and there is an abandoned car stopped in my lane, with no lights on. So now, I'm literally 30 feet behind it and still moving at 65 MPH. I turned the wheel hard to the left and barely missed a car in that lane. I had to pull over and chill out for a while.

That happened to Brian - turned out the BMW that was sitting in the left (or center - can't remember what he told me) was stolen and ran out of gas. He didn't miss it though and was wearing no seatbelt. He walked away from it while his car he just finished didn't. The trooper tried to say he fell asleep at the wheel and the judge gave him an earful as none of the evidence provided showed that such a thing happened.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 06:52 PM)
That happened to Brian - turned out the BMW that was sitting in the left (or center - can't remember what he told me) was stolen and ran out of gas.  He didn't miss it though and was wearing no seatbelt.  He walked away from it while his car he just finished didn't.  The trooper tried to say he fell asleep at the wheel and the judge gave him an earful as none of the evidence provided showed that such a thing happened.

That's wild, I know mine would have been ugly.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 01:23 PM)
That's wild, I know mine would have been ugly.

I meant that the trooper was given an earful by the judge, not Brian lol.

From what he told me about it, it was a wild ride. Not sure how he managed to walk away from it.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 07:34 PM)
I meant that the trooper was given an earful by the judge, not Brian lol.

From what he told me about it, it was a wild ride.  Not sure how he managed to walk away from it.

That trooper sounds like a jerk. I'm sure he fell asleep at the wheel and the dark, abandoned vehicle in the middle of the highway had nothing to do with the accident. :finger

I was heading to a BUlls game once and an abandoned car was in one of the lanes with the guy behind it looking in the trunk. I would guess that he got nailed that night because it was dark and traffic was flying. I barely missed him.

It's a good idea to always have an "out." Know if you're able to go left or right at all times. You never know when you might need it. I learned that driving a truck. Your brakes aren't always the best choice.

QUOTE(mreye @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 08:11 PM)
I was heading to a BUlls game once and an abandoned car was in one of the lanes with the guy behind it looking in the trunk. I would guess that he got nailed that night because it was dark and traffic was flying. I barely missed him.

It's a good idea to always have an "out." Know if you're able to go left or right at all times. You never know when you might need it. I learned that driving a truck. Your brakes aren't always the best choice.

That's a good tip and what they teach in drivers ed, but you don't always have an out.

A guy I went to HS with was on the shoulder of the highway, looking in his trunk WITH his blinkers on and still got rear ended and killed. There is no safe place to stand on a highway.

I've been in two car accidents where my head cracked the windshield. One I had to go to the doctor to get some glass out. Surprisingly, I didn't feel a thing. I guess I was just happy I was alive.

I wear my seatbelt a lot more now.