Near Death Experiences...

flippedoutpunk

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Molto @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 03:30 PM)
I've been in two car accidents where my head cracked the windshield. One I had to go to the doctor to get some glass out. NOT Surprisingly, I didn't feel a thing. I guess I was just happy I was alive.

I wear my seatbelt a lot more now.

I think you missed a word Mario :D

When I was 8, a sandbar washed out under my feet in Lake Michigan and I got caught in the current. I'm not a very good swimmer and I don't remember much. But apparently, I didn't drown.

Last year, I was driving back to my s***ty city on I-196 in Michigan. Caught some black ice and spun out at about 60-70mph. Was headed directly into crashing into a wrecker and sending both of us down an embankment. Stopped just short of hitting the truck.

when i was nine i diagnoised with b-cell lukemia, but no one knew what was wrong with me at first. for about a month i was exhausted and refused to do anything that involved physical activity. My parents took me to the doctor he thought I that I was just depressed because it had been a horrible year for me my grandma ma was diagnoised with breast cancer and she had beeen battling diabetis, Also some close friends to the family had died and other friends became ill. s taking his advise we went to she a psyhcologist(wrong spelling I bet) any way she would sit down and try to find out what was troubling me, but all i would say was I feel sick. Frustrared with me she recommended to my parents to take me to someone who specialized in children. when we went to this lady she decided that i was making myself physically sick through m,y mental state of mind. She evenm accused my mom of making me sick (I think it is a conditioned call Munchousins or something like that.) Any way we stormed out and went back home furious. That night I woke up and vomited. we then decided that there was definatly something seriously wrong with me. we went to the hospital where they took blood test and and Cat scans, but they turned up nothing. After the test we waited in the room for the Doc to come in. Then all of the sudden I past out (probably because of dehidration, I had nopt been drinking the past day or two) but whie I was in this state I had a dream, my grandpa who had died a couple of years earlier was in my dream and he told me that tough times were ahead and that I had to keep fighting and to not give up. The dream ended with him saying to never give up. When i woke up hours later i saw my parents with my grandma and two uncles in the room. I turned to them and said what wrong with me. While I was passed-out the doctors had done a biaopsy revealing that I had cancer. I immediatley began to cry with my mom, but I knew it was going to be alright. The oncologist had arrive saying it was in stage four, one stage before the final one where it would have been almost impossible to treat. I couldn't believe what was happening, but i remained strong and was able to beat it and now it will be 10 years in august since I was diagnoised. that is my near death experience and don't want to ever have another one.

QUOTE(soxman352000 @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 07:11 PM)
when i was nine i diagnoised with b-cell lukemia, but no one knew what was wrong with me at first. for about a month i was exhausted and refused to do anything that involved physical activity. My parents took me to the doctor he thought I that I was just depressed because it had been a horrible year for me my grandma ma was diagnoised with breast cancer and she had beeen battling diabetis, Also some close friends to the family had died and other friends became ill. s taking his advise we went to she a psyhcologist(wrong spelling I bet) any way she would sit down and try to find out what was troubling me, but all i would say was I feel sick. Frustrared with me she recommended to my parents to take me to someone who specialized in children. when we went to this lady she decided that i was making myself physically sick through m,y mental state of mind. She evenm accused my mom of making me sick (I think it is a conditioned call Munchousins or something like that.) Any way we stormed out and went back home furious. That night I woke up and vomited. we then decided that there was definatly something seriously wrong with me. we went to the hospital where they took blood test and and Cat scans, but they turned up nothing. After the test we waited in the room for the Doc to come in. Then all of the sudden I past out (probably because of dehidration, I had nopt been drinking the past day or two) but whie I was in this state I had a dream, my grandpa who had died a couple of years earlier was in my dream and he told me that tough times were ahead and that I had to keep fighting and to not give up. The dream ended with him saying to never give up. When i woke up hours later i saw my parents with my grandma and two uncles in the room. I turned to them and said what wrong with me. While I was passed-out the doctors had done a biaopsy revealing that I had cancer. I immediatley began to cry with my mom, but I knew it was going to be alright. The oncologist had arrive saying it was in stage four, one stage before the final one where it would have been almost impossible to treat. I couldn't believe what was happening, but i remained strong and was able to beat it and now it will be 10 years in august since I was diagnoised. that is my near death experience and don't want to ever have another one.

You deserve a hell of a round of applause for that one. Im so happy for you and that everything worked out. I love hearing stories about people overcoming. :pray

As far as I go, I don't recall any near-death experiences except for a couple years ago when I was swimming with my sister and 2 friends and we decided to play chicken. To make a long story short, my sister's leg's wrapped around my neck and almost drowned me when she fell. I don't play chicken anymore.

My father has had 2 life-threatening experiences. 1 was about 10 years ago. He pulled over on the North Side with a flat tire. He SAFELY kneeled down to inspect and a truck driver driving an 18-wheeler and talking on a cell-phone ran over my father. He made it ok but suffered minor brain damage which causes him to have seizures once in a long while (but no for 3 years now thank God! :pray ) and the impact tore all of his ligaments in his right-knee. Amazingly, he walks with only a few ligaments sewn together. The other time was his last seizure in 2001 I believe. He was sleeping and in the middle of the night he had a seizure. He ended up biting a piece of his tongue off and almost choking on it. He also lost memory for the night. I was never so terrified in my life. He didn't remember who I, nor the rest of my family was. He didn't know his name, date, etc. I thank God that he is OK now. :pray :pray :pray

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 10:01 PM)
Wow, I feel really bad for all of you guys. Those are some extreme stories. I have been blessed and not confronted with terrible injuries or near death experiences in my family. *knock on wood* :pray

Im not sure if this is near death but one time i was driving about 40 in the right lane and some dude in the left lane turned across right in front of me into mcdonalds and i had to slam on my brakes and i had to pull over and relax cus i was so scared

QUOTE(whitesoxfan56789 @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 11:24 PM)
Im not sure if this is near death but one time i was driving about 40 in the right lane and some dude in the left lane turned across right in front of me into mcdonalds and i had to slam on my brakes and i had to pull over and relax cus i was so scared

Yeah I've had a few of those. Last week was prolly the scariest. I was running late for baseball and was approaching a railroad crossing where a train was sitting there at a complete stop. I live right by these tracks and have drove over them a thousand times. The gates began to come down, and so I decide that I should go around the gate because I'm running late and didn't want to go all the way around. I had my music blaring so I didn't hear that another train on the other track at the same crossing was speeding at me. If I would have left home 3 seconds earlier, I probably would have been on the tracks and smashed by the train. I don't consider it near death, but it was near-near death. Now I have been playing my music a little quieter and driving a little bit safer.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 09:47 PM)
My father has had 2 life-threatening experiences. 1 was about 10 years ago. He pulled over on the North Side with a flat tire. He SAFELY kneeled down to inspect and a truck driver driving an 18-wheeler and talking on a cell-phone ran over my father. He made it ok but suffered minor brain damage which causes him to have seizures once in a long while (but no for 3 years now thank God!  :pray ) and the impact tore all of his ligaments in his right-knee. Amazingly, he walks with only a few ligaments sewn together. The other time was his last seizure in 2001 I believe. He was sleeping and in the middle of the night he had a seizure. He ended up biting a piece of his tongue off and almost choking on it. He also lost memory for the night. I was never so terrified in my life. He didn't remember who I, nor the rest of my family was. He didn't know his name, date, etc. I thank God that he is OK now.  :pray  :pray  :pray

Did your family sue?

I got hit by a car while stopped in a turn lane waiting for the light to change on my bicycle in Lawrence Kansas. Her bumper finally came to a stop two inches from my ass. She yelled at me about how she scared me and then drove off, not even offering me a ride home. I was so stunned, I forgot to get her license plate number.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Mar 11, 2005 -> 04:32 AM)
Yeah I've had a few of those. Last week was prolly the scariest. I was running late for baseball and was approaching a railroad crossing where a train was sitting there at a complete stop. I live right by these tracks and have drove over them a thousand times. The gates began to come down, and so I decide that I should go around the gate because I'm running late and didn't want to go all the way around. I had my music blaring so I didn't hear that another train on the other track at the same crossing was speeding at me. If I would have left home 3 seconds earlier, I probably would have been on the tracks and smashed by the train. I don't consider it near death, but it was near-near death. Now I have been playing my music a little quieter and driving a little bit safer.

You know it's like a $500 fine for crossing the tracks when the gate is down?

Not that I'd ever play russian roulette with my life, but that $500 fine should be plenty to wipe out any thought of crossing when the gate is down.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Mar 11, 2005 -> 10:47 AM)

Not that I'd ever play russian roulette with my life, but that $500 fine should be plenty to wipe out any thought of crossing when the gate is down.

I did not know that. However, I live not even a mile from 4 sets of railroad tracks right in a row and I go over them everyday on my way to work, school, and most of my friends houses, and many times a train is stopped and the gates are malfunctioning so you have to go around them. The one that I almost crossed over had two sets of tracks between the gates, not one. It was still my fault for being a dumbass and being in a hurry. Thanks for the info, I will be sure to remember that.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Mar 11, 2005 -> 01:13 PM)
I did not know that. However, I live not even a mile from 4 sets of railroad tracks right in a row and I go over them everyday on my way to work, school, and most of my friends houses, and many times a train is stopped and the gates are malfunctioning so you have to go around them. The one that I almost crossed over had two sets of tracks between the gates, not one. It was still my fault for being a dumbass and being in a hurry. Thanks for the info, I will be sure to remember that.

Even if the train is stopped you'll get ticketed.

have a few:

was born with spina bifida so have had a few near death moments via that and lifelong complications from it...

found out im extremely allergic to ivp dye, by being injected with ivp dye...

about drowned in gulf of mexico near corpus christi...

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Mar 11, 2005 -> 11:47 AM)

$250 for cars, $500 for pedestrians. I know, I learned this in Drivers Ed 2 days ago.

QUOTE(flippedoutpunk @ Mar 11, 2005 -> 12:06 AM)
that's an amazing story soxman, congratulations on winning your fight  :cheers  :wub:

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 11, 2005 -> 03:47 AM)
You deserve a hell of a round of applause for that one. Im so happy for you and that everything worked out. I love hearing stories about people overcoming.  :pray

Thanks alot guys I consider myself one of the lucky ones. Some children unfortunately, don't make it. So keep on praying for them too.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 11, 2005 -> 09:24 PM)
$250 for cars, $500 for pedestrians. I know, I learned this in Drivers Ed 2 days ago.

This one dumbass that I grew up with got a $500 ticket when he drove around the gate at the Grand & Harlem station. It's technically a good block or two from Chicago, though. I guess that it depends on the city, town, village, etc.

If it were up to me, I'd have a $2000 fine at the very least.

I wasnt on the bus for school today, but i heard our stupid bus driver stopped in the middle of the train tracks for a red lite, then the gates started to come down and the bus driver started honking wildly and screaming "move you son of a b**** move!" and then the guy went through the red lite so the bus could move up. :bang

QUOTE(whitesoxfan56789 @ Mar 11, 2005 -> 05:39 PM)
I wasnt on the bus for school today, but i heard our stupid bus driver stopped in the middle of the train tracks for a red lite, then the gates started to come down and the bus driver started honking wildly and screaming "move you son of a b**** move!" and then the guy went through the red lite so the bus could move up.  :bang

That bus driver is a dumbass for stopping on the tracks with all the kids on the bus. But I guess the same could be said for me, however; I have only went around the gates once, and that was because three cars in front of me did and the train was stopped.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan56789 @ Mar 11, 2005 -> 04:39 PM)
I wasnt on the bus for school today, but i heard our stupid bus driver stopped in the middle of the train tracks for a red lite, then the gates started to come down and the bus driver started honking wildly and screaming "move you son of a b**** move!" and then the guy went through the red lite so the bus could move up.  :bang

The bus driver should be .... and probably will be .... FIRED!