Gordon and Garland

southsider2k5

Are probably off to the two worst starts on the pitching staff so far.  Does anyone think it is coincidence that they are the two sinker/ curveball pitchers?  Could the cold be a big part of the problem? :huh:

Flash is mainly a curveball pitcher...the fastball only sets it up. I don't really think it's a coincidence, but who knows. Gordon probly still isn't 100%, and Garland is young and still developing and learning. We'll see what happens.

Are probably off to the two worst starts on the pitching staff so far.  Does anyone think it is coincidence that they are the two sinker/ curveball pitchers?  Could the cold be a big part of the problem? :huh:

it could very well be the cold.

I'm convinced it is. Garland pitched well in KC, the defense just sucked. Look for Jon to get back on track against the Royals at Comiskey. :headbang

CWSOX45

it could very well be the cold.

I'm convinced it is. Garland pitched well in KC, the defense just sucked. Look for Jon to get back on track against the Royals at Comiskey. :headbang

CWSOX45

Hopefully, that prediction is correct!

I hate to compare players on the same team, but just take a look at Mark Buehrle vs. Jon Garland.

Mark hasn't had his A game 2 out of his 3 starts, and he's still got an ERA of 1.23 and he's got a 2-1 record. He's PITCHED his way to the 7th inning 2 times, and the other game he had his good stuff and went 8.

Garland, on the other hand (and for that matter, most other pitchers on our staff), must have his A game to give the team a chance to win. It comes down to confidence I think. Mark just has the poise and demeanor of a 10 year veteran. Unfortunately, confidence cannot be bought -- it has to be learned, and Garland just needs to start trusting his stuff and I think many wins will follow.

I think its the cold wether. The curveball isnt as effective in the cold!

so what does that say about garland starting a playoff game on a cold ocotber night??? :nono

It's October and not April

Now, we're playing in the real season...but what do these 4 or 5 games pitched mean compared to 3 or 4 games pitched in October? One means a chance at winning the whole f***ing thing....and the other means virtually nothing. One means that if you throw out your arm in the last game you pitch and you pitched well, you saved your team....the other means that if you throw out your arm in the best game you pitched, you are a dumbass and should be slapped.

When something is actually on the line....he hopefully realizes it and doesn't f*** around.