Don't mess with the pussy....

Steff

Cat... ;)

Cat Shoots Owner

1 hour, 28 minutes ago Strange News - AP

BATES TOWNSHIP, Mich. - A man cooking in his kitchen was shot after one of his cats knocked his 9mm handgun onto the floor, discharging the weapon, Michigan State Police said.

Joseph Stanton, 29, of Bates Township in Iron County, was shot in his lower torso around 6 p.m. Tuesday, the state police post in Iron River reported. He was transported to Iron County Community Hospital.

Michelle Sand, a spokeswoman at the Iron River hospital, said Stanton was treated there before being transferred to Marquette General Hospital for further treatment. But Marcie Miller, a representative of the Marquette facility, said there was no record of the hospital receiving a patient by that name.

A telephone message seeking comment was left Wednesday at Stanton's home.

State police said he was cooking at his stove when the cat knocked the loaded gun off the kitchen counter behind him.

Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! When you are not using the gun leave the safety on!

There is no F'g way the gun can discharge from falling on the ground with the safety on. The firing pin is locked. It can't fire. There would just be a loud noise. What a maroon!

To house a gun at home you must have a permit. I think it's high time we link that permit to passage of a written test "Rules of the Gun" & successful completion of firing tests at a gun range. And no I don't think that encroaches on the 2nd Amend right to bear arms. What it does is add the qualification "right to bear arms responsibly".

My favorite one of these was the guy who was killing puppies because he couldn't afford them and one of the puppies ended up shooting him.

That guy deserved it, but people like this one shouldn't be allowed to own guns. What kind of gun owner keeps his handgun loaded and sitting on the edge of the counter next to him?

I still find it hard to believe that a gun would just "discharge." First off, a trigger has a holding bearer that protects the trigger-pull unless the finger is inserted in the ring. 2ndly, compare a gun discharging to something else falling and discharging. If I fall right now, will I bust a nut? I doubt it.