Carman Defalco New sox Host?

quickman

All,

just listening to Silvi and Jeff dickersen who is filling in for Carmen today. Dickersen let it slip that Carmen will be working a bit more this summer with his role with the Whitesox. Dickersen said can we mention that? Silvi you mean that Carmen will be doing what Dave Wills did, or that he will be hosting on Comcast? I don't think we can announce anything. Dickersen: Well your his partner you should know, Silvi: I am his radio partner. They quickly jumped out of the converssation because nothing has been announced.

QUOTE(quickman @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 11:32 AM)
All,

just listening to Silvi and Jeff dickersen who is filling in for Carmen today. Dickersen let it slip that Carmen will be working a bit more this summer with his role with the Whitesox. Dickersen said can we mention that? Silvi you mean that Carmen will be doing what Dave Wills did, or that he will be hosting on Comcast? I don't think we can announce anything. Dickersen: Well your his partner you should know, Silvi: I am his radio partner. They quickly jumped out of the converssation because nothing has been announced.

I thought I heard something about this too. Defalco would do the pre and post game. The big problem is this: Who will do the cool intro at the Sox games? NEXXXXTTTTTT!

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 04:43 PM)
Yea.. he'll share the duties with 2 others.

Steff Can you elaborate without naming names. What do you mean share with two others? two others with him at the same time, like Bill Melton and someone else, or two otehrs meaning two other hosts splitting the duties on different days.

QUOTE(quickman @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 12:03 PM)
Steff Can you elaborate without naming names. What do you mean share with two others? two others with him at the same time, like Bill Melton and someone else, or two otehrs meaning two other hosts splitting the duties on different days.

Both scenerios.

QUOTE(quickman @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 12:20 PM)
Well your not really helping me.

Sometimes it may be just him, sometimes him with someone else, sometimes someone else all together...

That's the best I can do. Sorry...

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 12:26 PM)
Oh sure leave us hanging... Tease!!  :bang  :P

Sorry.. the info came from Dave and since he's not working for the Sox anymore I don't think it would be appropriate to quote him specifically.

Personally I would like consistancy like we had with Dave. this Chris boden guy or others suck. Listeners like consistancy for there talk shows. They come to rely on it.

Steff, would you think Wills has an out clause in case a play by play gig comes up with the sox? For instance if hawk should bite it one day Wills may be the right guy to take over.

QUOTE(quickman @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 12:49 PM)
Steff, would you think Wills has an out clause in  case a play by play gig comes up with the sox? For instance if hawk should bite it one day Wills may be the right guy to take over.

Quick.. I can't answer that. :bang

Speaking of pre/post game hosts, have they chosen one yet for Comcast Sportsnet? I'm guessing they'll either go with Kerry Sayers or William Jackson. I see Gail Fischer probably doing Cubs pre/post.

QUOTE(ChiSoxFan @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 02:52 PM)
Speaking of pre/post game hosts, have they chosen one yet for Comcast Sportsnet?  I'm guessing they'll either go with Kerry Sayers or William Jackson.  I see Gail Fischer probably doing Cubs pre/post.

I'll be happy as long as its NOT Gail Fischer....I find her to be annoying. She belongs with the Cubs.

QUOTE(quickman @ Mar 11, 2005 -> 09:08 PM)
I heard this on Mac, jurko and harry one day. it was last year, supposedly they were very involved. if they are now I have no idea.

i interned at The Score and everyone knew about it. it was one of those things you just dont talk about. But, it got out.