Bubble Talk

How the hell can you lose to Clemson 3 times in a season? Especially with the talent on MD, thats a heck of a choke job to miss the tourney. Beat Duke twice and lose to Clemson 3 times, :huh

I will admit I still believed in BC somewhat, but not any longer, yikes.

Other games of interest today...

NC State defeats Florida State to keep its hopes alive. Now they face Wake in a rematch of the infamous Paul low blow game last week.

Iowa State takes care of business against Baylor and now gets Bob Knight's Red Raiders tomorrow.

Iowa beats Purdue in Gene Keady's last game on the bench. Michigan State is their next opponent tomorrow.

TCU loses to Louisville hurting their chances of getting in the tournament.

Way too many teams really s*** the bed the past few days:

ND, Maryland, Miami, A&M, Kent State, UCLA (even though they're pretty much a lock), and to a certain extent Depaul.

It seems to me like no one wants to play in the NCAA this year, and as much as it pains me to say it I actually think ND has a chance to back into the tournament if IU, Nc State and St. Joes lose tommorow... as well as Lousiville winning the CUSA tourney while all mid-majors fall into place. The reason it pains me to say it is that I know we'll just get whalloped, but making an apperance would help us in the long run.

But as I said before, I personally don't believe this team deserves it. They had plenty of opportunites to step up this year and choked it up. With that being said, no one is making a strong case this week to bump them off, and if no one does it boils down to who had the strongest regular season...which of the teams left on the bubble, ND is the strongest in that department.

Remember, when Fullerton wins the big west tourney, big west will get two teams in, Pacific and Fullerton :)

Oh ya, Go Hawkeyes tomorrow. I'm starting to like this team again, which means they'll get there asses dropped tomorrow. The loss of that turd Pierce has been a good thing, mentally for them.

Plenty of games to watch tomorrow

Of course my favorite, other than Illinois' annihilation of NU, will be Indiana vs. Minnesota. I think Minnesota is already in with 20 wins including 10 in conference. Hopefully both teams can make it in to give the Big Ten 5.

Iowa vs. Michigan St., Iowa needs a win against MSU and possibly the next day to have a chance at making it in.

Virginia Tech vs. Georgia Tech, much like the IU-Minn game with two bubble teams going at it in what should be another intense game.

NC State vs. Wake Forest minus Chris Paul, a win would greatly improve the Wolfpack's chances.

West Virginia vs. Villanova, if WV isn't already in a win over Villanova would likely put them over the top.

Texas Tech vs. Iowa State, another 4-5 matchup w/ Iowa State needing it more to solidify their status.

And something to watch in C-USA, if Memphis or South Florida can pull of the upset in the championship on Saturday it would leave 1 less opening for a bubble team.

Well today the ESPN people are talking and they are saying no way Indiana gets in without a win today against Minnesota. On the other hand they think there is a shot Minn gets in.

A couple of them even said if IU wins and Iowa wins the big 10 could actually get 6 teams. I think the only reason something like this would happen is because a lot of other bubble teams have tanked it already.

I love the big ten so I would love to see it happen. Also, St. Mary's better be getting an at-large bid.

There is zero doubt that if IU loses today they are out. They deserve to be out if they can't win today. I still don't understand everyone's fascination with Minnesota once you look at who they have played. I'd be happy with 6 teams in, but I don't see it happening.

Then again, so far, the games have gone well so far for us bubble teams. lol

I can't see the Big Ten getting six teams in, although I hope it happens too. The way I see it is if IU wins and Iowa loses they take IU and Minn. If IU loses and Iowa wins they take Iowa and Minn. If IU and Iowa win they take IU and Iowa and leave Minnesota out. And of course if IU and Iowa lose they take Minn and the Big Ten only gets 4. I just can't see them taking 6 Big Ten teams this year.

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Mar 11, 2005 -> 10:54 AM)
i still dont see how they could possibly reach over Minn with a 10-6 big ten record for Iowa with a 7-9 BT record

Only one reason...Iowa has more big wins then any of them. They also have more bad losses and the poor conference record, but I don't think the committee would look past the fact that Iowa has beaten quite a few tourney bound teams and a win over MSU would further that resume.

Bleh if Iowa gets in I'll lose my lunch. If you can't even pull a .500 record in your conference, especially in the soft big ten, you don't deserveto get in. Also, what I think people are overlooking is the Pierre Pierce factor here. Supposedly the committee looks at teams and how they perform w/certain injuries and losses. Since Pierce was dismissed, Iowa hasn't been all that hot and I assume the committee will see them as a weaker team without Pierce and be a bit hesitant to put them in over some teams.

My point is, NO WAY THE BIG 10 GETS 6 BIDS. It would be a traveshamockery.