I guess only liberal comincs can use bad humor

EvilMonkey

http://www.laweekly.com/ink/05/08/news-krassner.php

WHile I will be the first to agree that the joke(s) are bad, in poor taste, etc., what is so different from those and the things I hear other comedians say about Bush, etc? I heard a Whoppie Goldberg routine where for 5 minutes all she says is "f*** Nancy Regan! I hate that b****! I just want to strangle her!" Hypocracy, at its ugliest. Definitly NOT at its funniest. :bang

This guy should definitely be able to say what he wants to say on stage without being prosecuted for it.

Hell the Secret Service has done some pretty hilarious investigations. They went to a Colorado school to investigate a band in a talent show playing a cover of Bob Dylan's "Masters of War" because some parents/kids heard the ending to the song saying it was a threat against the President of the United States. The 1963 song ends with the lyrics: "You might say that I'm young. You might say I'm unlearned, but there's one thing I know, though I'm younger than you, even Jesus would never forgive what you do … And I hope that you die and your death'll come soon. I will follow your casket in the pale afternoon. And I'll watch while you're lowered down to your deathbed. And I'll stand o'er your grave 'til I'm sure that you're dead."

http://www.boingboing.net/2004/11/12/high_...lers_singi.html

And then they investigated a sticker on a kid's car that said "King George: Off With His Head" saying that his sticker was "borderline terrorism".

http://www.rense.com/general58/george.htm

This case is just another showing of the Secret Service wasting its time investigating minor threats instead of, you know, trying to catch terrorists. So, your point that only liberals get to use bad humor is a misnomer and an attempt (very poor one) at partisan hackery.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Mar 11, 2005 -> 07:45 PM)
This guy should definitely be able to say what he wants to say on stage without being prosecuted for it.

Hell the Secret Service has done some pretty hilarious investigations.  They went to a Colorado school to investigate a band in a talent show playing a cover of Bob Dylan's "Masters of War" because some parents/kids heard the ending to the song saying it was a threat against the President of the United States.  The 1963 song ends with the lyrics: "You might say that I'm young. You might say I'm unlearned, but there's one thing I know, though I'm younger than you, even Jesus would never forgive what you do … And I hope that you die and your death'll come soon. I will follow your casket in the pale afternoon. And I'll watch while you're lowered down to your deathbed. And I'll stand o'er your grave 'til I'm sure that you're dead."

http://www.boingboing.net/2004/11/12/high_...lers_singi.html

And then they investigated a sticker on a kid's car that said "King George: Off With His Head" saying that his sticker was "borderline terrorism".

http://www.rense.com/general58/george.htm

This case is just another showing of the Secret Service wasting its time investigating minor threats instead of, you know, trying to catch terrorists.  So, your point that only liberals get to use bad humor is a misnomer and an attempt (very poor one) at partisan hackery.

Get a girlfriend dude..... you're coming off like a big ass nothing-better-to-do loser

QUOTE(CubKilla @ Mar 11, 2005 -> 11:26 PM)
Get a girlfriend dude..... you're coming off like a big ass nothing-better-to-do loser

Wow, that was such a great point, CK. Are you sure you weren't a winner in debate club?

And as it stands, I am quite active with the ladies. Its not difficult to be knowledgable about issues and do other things.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Mar 11, 2005 -> 11:34 PM)
Wow.  You must be cool.  An adult trying to pick a fight with a college kid over the internet.  Go you.

It's about time people knew your MO. Don't you think? You brain-washed enough people here.

Admit it..... you're pissed the Marines didn't take you cause you couldn't shoot a rifle so you'll talk s*** about them.

QUOTE(CubKilla @ Mar 11, 2005 -> 11:38 PM)
It's about time people knew your MO. Don't you think? You brain-washed enough people here.

Admit it..... you're pissed the Marines didn't take you cause you couldn't shoot a rifle so you'll talk s*** about them.

Damn that brainwashing people with facts. And keep trying to get my goat into a fight, cuz I'm just here laughing my ass off & getting ready to go out.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Mar 11, 2005 -> 11:40 PM)
Damn that brainwashing people with facts.  And keep trying to get my goat into a fight, cuz I'm just here laughing my ass off & getting ready to go out.

It's only facts when they buy your leftist bull-s***. Get another gig dude. It's played.

QUOTE(CubKilla @ Mar 11, 2005 -> 11:43 PM)
It's only facts when they buy your leftist bull-s***. Get another gig dude. It's played.

Yeah...another gig is played is one of an adult trying to pick a fight on an internet message board. You can't beat me in a debate regarding the facts so you have to resort to personal attacks. Your mother must be so proud.

QUOTE(CubKilla @ Mar 11, 2005 -> 11:43 PM)

I forgot that your über-convincing, heavily researched conservative arguments won me over. I should stop thinking so f***ing hard about this s*** and just dumb it down to the point where my brain can effectively f*** around with other things. If I wanted to be stereotypical, I'd end with, "Like NASCAR."

Like f***ing NASCAR.

LCR hit the nail on the head by stating that you're the 30-year-old stroking his e-penis by trying to bash a college kid who "is jealous of the marines because he didn't get in" or some other bulls***. I'd almost expect more from you until I read that you were located "in my mama's bedroom." Oh f***, comedy goldmine, everyone.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 12, 2005 -> 03:30 AM)
Great thread.  Let's hope it dies a quick death.

I think it could be a good discuss about free speech/criminalization of speech. I just got done doing a project for a technology in education class about free speech and I focused on the obscenity trials of Lenny Bruce.

For those not aware, he was a social critic/comedian in the 1950s/1960s who got nailed in a ton of obscenity trials for words that he used on stage due to a lot of pressure from the Catholic church & other traditionalist organizations who saw his satire as "irreverent" -- although it could be shown that his critiques especially regarding the Church were dead on (see his "Christ and Moses" routine -- where Christ shows up at a New York church and wonders how these Cardinals could discuss love and helping the poor while the Cardinals had rings on worth $8,000. The best part is where they call the Pope and tell him that Christ and Moses have shown up at their church. In the phone banter, the Cardinal says "Of course they're white!" :lol: )