FutureSox Top 25 Prospects: 20-16

danman31

The Top 25: 20-16

Three Infielders Highlight Next Group

By FutureSox Staff

We are continuing our countdown of the White Sox top 25 prospects. Spring Training has been underway and some of these prospects are getting playing time with the big league club right now. Keep an eye of the young guys playing for the White Sox in Spring Training. more...

I'm hoping Andy Gonz bounces back.

It'd be nice to have a couple of real nice OBP guys down on the farm, with he and Rogo... Plus, if he comes through and has a solid year, we'll actually have a MIF prospect worth a damn down there.

Jason or Dan, how is he defensively?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 12, 2005 -> 09:11 PM)
I'm hoping Andy Gonz bounces back.

It'd be nice to have a couple of real nice OBP guys down on the farm, with he and Rogo...  Plus, if he comes through and has a solid year, we'll actually have a MIF prospect worth a damn down there.

Jason or Dan, how is he defensively?

Defensively, just like Pedro Lopez and Robert Valido he is above average and has gold glove potential. Problem is, they all have weaknesses. If they could put each others strenghts together you'd probably have the best shortstop prospect in baseball (well minus BJ Upton).

However that can't be the case. Personally I like Valido the best of all of them but he's also the farthest away. I'll tell you one thing though, watching Andy Gonzalez and Pedro Lopez up the middle (when the two are playing together) is about as good as it gets defensively.

Jas, if we want to present ourselves as professional, I wouln't refer to Baj's pitch as a slutter. Sure, that's what he calls it, but it just doesn't flow right or look right. I'm not gonna edit it but I don't think it fits if professionalism is what we are going for.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Mar 14, 2005 -> 11:45 PM)
Jas, if we want to present ourselves as professional, I wouln't refer to Baj's pitch as a slutter. Sure, that's what he calls it, but it just doesn't flow right or look right. I'm not gonna edit it but I don't think it fits if professionalism is what we are going for.

:headshake