Chicago Bracket

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Mar 25, 2005 -> 10:12 AM)
I don't agree with Olsen being twice the coach Sutton is, just my opinion.

Lute's teams have been bounced earlier than their talent says they should have been a few times.

Eh ... You're probably right. I just despise Eddie Sutton with a passion.

Soxfanforever, i hope to hell you aren't referring to me...

Like I said, I wasn't going after anyone here specifically at all. Just the majority of people who have been fair weather fans since Illinois has had a great season. I wouldn't rip on you like that because I know you are a big time fan.

2) Whose looking past Zona?

Nobody, I was just saying that meaning they are going to be a very tough challenge for Illinois if they wanna make it to the final four.

1) I can't, teams shoot 42% against Illinois on average

Not trying to start a fight here, but just wondering. Any idea or stats that show how higher ranked/good shooting teams do against Illinois percentage wise?

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Mar 25, 2005 -> 11:48 AM)
watching Salim Stoudemire reminds me of watching Ben Gordon play for the bulls kind of.  Im going to really enjoy the Illini-Zona game and i hope Dee Brown guards Salim.

Deron will be on Salim is my guess, especially with Luther not at 100%.

Dee does not draw the toughest assignment for us, it's always Deron or Luther, or both. Dee is not our best on the ball defender.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Mar 25, 2005 -> 11:45 AM)
Like I said, I wasn't going after anyone here specifically at all.  Just the majority of people who have been fair weather fans since Illinois has had a great season.  I wouldn't rip on you like that because I know you are a big time fan.

Fair weather fans blow. Look no farther than the bulls this season.

QUOTE(Nokona @ Mar 26, 2005 -> 05:57 PM)
I dont think Bulls fans are fairweather, they're just coming back after the s*** that they put on the court the last few years.

That's being fairweather. Only showing up when they're good. A true fan is supporting the team, regardless the record and performance.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Mar 26, 2005 -> 05:03 PM)
That's being fairweather.  Only showing up when they're good.  A true fan is supporting the team, regardless the record and performance.

The Bulls attendance has been at the top of the league ever since Jordan left. You could hardly call them fairweather.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 26, 2005 -> 06:12 PM)
The Bulls attendance has been at the top of the league ever since Jordan left.  You could hardly call them fairweather.

I didn't know that, but I've had a lot of friends who were Bulls fans when Jordan was around who've suddenly got back on the wagon again. I'm positive that they were off the wagon from 99-until this season too. I can't stand that. I hate bandwagoners.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Mar 26, 2005 -> 05:03 PM)
That's being fairweather.  Only showing up when they're good.  A true fan is supporting the team, regardless the record and performance.

I, like you, also hate people who are like that

Speaking of the bulls game and chicago regional.

I guess at the bulls game last night hundreds of people were in the concourse watching the Illini game instead of in their seats watching the Bulls game. And they said as word spread, more and more people got up and left to go watch the Illini game.