Chicago Bracket

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Mar 18, 2005 -> 03:50 AM)
I swear to God if we f***ing lose I will kick some random kids ass.

I will wearn an Illini sweatshirt, first kid under 6'3" to say anything is gonna die.

Nice comment....... You should just chancg your name from WHarris1 to WLigueJr now. Same stupid mentality.

Alright i had to do a bunch of work yesterday after the game (nope, not on spring break quite yet though it seems like everyone else on campus is), so i couldn't get on here to post.

A bit late, but here's my take on yesterday's game:

First half was obviously ugly. I think it was pretty apparent we were just dicking around in the first half. We played down to the level of competition. To be honest, it wasn't completely unexpected. Most high seeds came out and struggled in the first half. If shots aren't falling early and stuff because you are adjusting to sight lines and all that s***, fine. But what pissed me off is that we weren't doing anything on the defensive end, especially rebound. There were way too many uncontest layups/putbacks.

I wasn't worried up 1 at half, not against a 16 seed. I told my roommate Weber would probly throw a chair at half and we'd come out and win by 20. Close enough, as we dominated them the first half of the second half. Why? Started to actually do something on defense. Still didn't rebound all that great, which is not good as we get into games that will all be close from here on in.

Yesterday was a game where we missed Randle. Klaiber is very impressive. He was scoring many different ways. Would have been nice to have that wing forward who plays good defense against him, Randle. I hope this doesn't come back to bite us in the ass later on in the tournament. It's not good when one guy on a s***ty team can just dominate you. He was their whole team and still basically did what he wanted. If this happens in later rounds, watch out. We need to learn how to contain the other team's best scorer a little better than that.

The positive out of yesterday, besides the win, is that Dee kinda got back into a rhythm. Without looking it up, i believe he was something like 7-10, and he was making plays on defense as well. He had a few too many turnovers (5-6 maybe?). But at least Dee's head seems back into the game, which is good. We will not go anywhere without a solid Dee, period.

Deron and Luther sucked on the offensive end last night, they were maybe 7-25 or so. That can't happen again.

So we have Nevada saturday at 4:40, i'm gonna probably be there. I would rather play Nevada than Texas, but neither team looked overly impressive last night. That was an ugly game as well. This isn't to say it won't be a tough game, because i know it will be. Every game from here on out has to be a solid effort or we're going home. I think we'll show up for a full game saturday after getting this s***fest out of our system last night and get by Nevada, then move on to Chicago. We need to look a lot better saturday...if we don't i'm gonna be worried. Then again, all you have to do is win, but we all know that you want to look good doing it, because literally "surviving" every game won't get you very far. We need to go "win" this game.

Enjoy the games today folks.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 09:32 PM)
To ease the tension for those Ilini fans.......

So that Andrew Bogut's good isn't he.  ;)

I hate that loser

He almost cost me $200 because he cant shoot a FT to save his life, thank god that #5 saved me with 5.6 seconds left

Something intersting.

I don't have the exact number but we got raped while Deron was out last night.

We RAPED them when Deron was in.

Edit, found it. Per: Daily Herald

The unflappable Texan played 14 minutes before the break. While Williams was on the floor and providing his 4 points and 5 assists, Illinois outscored Fairleigh Dickinson 30-14. When he sat on the bench, the Knights overran the Illini 17-2.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(qwerty @ Mar 19, 2005 -> 06:51 PM)
Uw-mil> bc. They win 83-75 and will face illinois in the sweet 16.

Milwaukee's win should bring warranted attention to the Horizon League.

Although I hate Bruce Pearl, and more specifically their obnoxious fans, UWM has stood up against two quality teams.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 19, 2005 -> 07:01 PM)
Milwaukee's win should bring warranted attention to the Horizon League. 

Although I hate Bruce Pearl, and more specifically their obnoxious fans, UWM has stood up against two quality teams.

I dont know about that...

Alabama and Boston College were both pretty bad going into the tourny.. they were playing bad basketball at the worst time..

I mean they are solid teams, but they were far from hot when Wisc-Mil played them

Im not gonna take away from Wisc-Mil though they deserve credit for doing it two games in a row.. too bad the dream is over :headbang

they are coming to Chicago, in a place where we rarely lose, and 3 upsets in a row seems like a longshot to me!!

UWM has had a solid program for several years now. Bruce Pearl will pretty much be able to write his own ticket to the school of his choosing when this thing is over. I am familiar when he won a D-II National Championship at Southern Indiana 10 years ago. It was obvious he was headed for bigger and better things.

I know Illini fans can't stand him, but they'll get their chance to take their frustrations out on the Panthers this weekend. I do not see them beating Illinois unless they just crumble under pressure.