March 14 2005 Cubs vs Sox spring training game

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Mar 14, 2005 -> 09:51 AM)
"Uh, oh, ahhh, uh, oooo, uhhhh, well, ahh, ohh no, boo hoo, ohh uhhh, you see, waaaah, oh, but, um, ok."

That's just some of the commentary Ron Santo will be providing on the radio this afternoon.

:headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Mar 14, 2005 -> 09:51 AM)
"Uh, oh, ahhh, uh, oooo, uhhhh, well, ahh, ohh no, boo hoo, ohh uhhh, you see, waaaah, oh, but, um, ok."

That's just some of the commentary Ron Santo will be providing on the radio this afternoon.

and some snubbed by the hall of fame bulls*** too. :headshake

Some notes & quotes for today's game:

Mark Buehrle gets the start for the White Sox on Monday, with Damaso Marte, Sean Tracey, Jon Adkins, Kevin Walker and Arnie Munoz also scheduled to throw. The Cubs travel to Tucson on Friday, March 18.

Both teams won on their respective home fields last spring. While manager Ozzie Guillen won't mess with his overall Spring Training plan just to get a victory, he would like to leave with his team on top.

Even though it's only Cactus League action, it's still the Cubs vs. the White Sox.

"All the guys who have been around and experienced the series on our team, most of us want to go out there and play," Aaron Rowand said. "I know I do. I like playing against them any time I get a chance."

"The vibe will be different around the dugout and the clubhouse," Willie Harris continued of Monday's game. "We don't want to lose to anyone, but especially not those guys."

"In general, I would like to kick their tails any time we face them," White Sox general manager Ken Williams added. "I don't care if it's a 'B' game on the back field. That's just me. I've been in Chicago and with the White Sox for a long time, and I'm not making [any] apologies for it. It is still Spring Training, but since we are there, we might as well be the one to win."

:bringit

Edited by robinventura23

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Mar 14, 2005 -> 11:03 AM)
Does anyone know if it's going to be the Cubs or Sox broadcast team calling this game?

I really think that they should mix and match the two broadcasting duos when they do the games in the regular season. I think that would be an interesting bit added to it.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Mar 14, 2005 -> 11:47 AM)
Arnie Munoz is pitching? :banghead

I know it's easy to throw Lil' Arnie under the bus after that showing against the Expos, but this is the perfect setting to let him go out and battle against MLB level talent. Last time I checked, he still is considered one of the better arms in the farm system.

The only way he'll be able to put that behind him is with some positive outings against major leauge talent. No pressure. It's all about confidence.