American Idol "Favorite" quits mysteriously

RibbieRubarb

This could be very interesting, developing story.

Apparently he dropped out for "Personal, family reasons"

But members of his family, including his Mom, have no idea what he is talking about.

According to the article, the other finalists has picked him as the odds-on favorite.

I love Weird happenings on Reality TV.

American Idol "favorite" drops out mysteriously

All the stuff has been calling him the "favorite to win", but I have been thinking he would be gone in the next few weeks. Anybody who has watched the show so far knows he is good, but not the best there. The winner will be one of the guys this year though.

I'm a little ashamed that I know the show as well as I do. :crying

If the guy wanted to avoid an exclusive contract, he may have wanted to stick around a little longer to show what he was capable of. Unless once you get into the top 12 you have to sign contracts to saying you are in it until the end or voted off. Maybe by his bailing now he avoids those contracts. But if not, this is the stage of the whole thing where the people get the real BIG exposure.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 14, 2005 -> 01:47 PM)
Smart on his part. s*** like that will finally sink that show.

No it won't. I would lay money on it most people would be more than happy to sign an AI exclusive contract if it means millions of dollars and the fame that has fallen in line for the Kelly Clarkson's of the world.

What will sink the show will be people getting tired of seeing the same people winning it, but so far there has been a bit of variety, and this years favorite according to Simon is this guy Bo. Bo should be singing for a Southern Rock band, and he has the voice to go REAL far, especially if the year was 1974. But as is, he is the only reason I am completely wrapped up in the show this year. I would stick this guy fronting my band in a second, as he really is a great vocalist and pure Rock. There is another guy on the show named Constatine, who is being billed as the "other Rocker", gads how I hate that word, but that guy just shows how much better Bo is. Bo is as real as you get in the RnR world.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Mar 14, 2005 -> 02:23 PM)
All the stuff has been calling him the "favorite to win", but I have been thinking he would be gone in the next few weeks. Anybody who has watched the show so far knows he is good, but not the best there. The winner will be one of the guys this year though.

I'm a little ashamed that I know the show as well as I do.  :crying

If the guy wanted to avoid an exclusive contract, he may have wanted to stick around a little longer to show what he was capable of. Unless once you get into the top 12 you have to sign contracts to saying you are in it until the end or voted off. Maybe by his bailing now he avoids those contracts. But if not, this is the stage of the whole thing where the people get the real BIG exposure.

Once you hit the final round, you basically have agreed to sign your life away to Simon Cowell's production company. Like Kelly Clarkson agreeing to appear on subsequent American Idol's for 1200 dollars.

Kind of funny how in a show like that, the people voted one way, but since then the opposite happened. Maybe there is something to be said for quality. I never thought Reuben should have won that show, as Clay was the better voice all along. But then in the end, after Reuben won, we see Clay having pretty big success, and Reuben has more or less vanished. Heck, I know people who never watched the show and hate Pop who actually ended up with Clay's Christmas album, and they actually love the dang thing.

Hey Maude, where did the dancing Stewie go???

Edited by Kid Gleason

Fun Fact: The dude that replaced him, Nikko Smith, is Ozzie Smith's son.

Smith, the son of baseball's Ozzie Smith, will perform Tuesday (8 p.m. ET/PT) when the men and women first compete against each other.
Edited by robinventura23

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Mar 14, 2005 -> 07:55 PM)
No it won't. I would lay money on it most people would be more than happy to sign an AI exclusive contract if it means millions of dollars and the fame that has fallen in line for the Kelly Clarkson's of the world.

What will sink the show will be people getting tired of seeing the same people winning it, but so far there has been a bit of variety, and this years favorite according to Simon is this guy Bo. Bo should be singing for a Southern Rock band, and he has the voice to go REAL far, especially if the year was 1974. But as is, he is the only reason I am completely wrapped up in the show this year. I would stick this guy fronting my band in a second, as he really is a great vocalist and pure Rock. There is another guy on the show named Constatine, who is being billed as the "other Rocker", gads how I hate that word, but that guy just shows how much better Bo is. Bo is as real as you get in the RnR world.

Bo lives about 10-15 minutes up the road from me and has played in two different bars that I frequent. One playing solo acoustic guitar and the other with a band. What many don't know is that he has a studio at his home and has written original music for some time. He is also very much into and performs contempory Christian music as well the standard rock genre. I think he has yet to really show his versatility. I have never met the guy, but I have friends that work at one of the bars he played at and they say he is just a simple, nice guy. Never heard anyone say anything bad about him.

QUOTE(winodj @ Mar 14, 2005 -> 08:39 PM)
He's actually doing quite well for himself, I've heard.

Ruben is doing quite well these days. Ruben, also from Birmingham of course, is a pretty laid back guy, but he has people that keep him very busy and handle all of his business. I had some dealings with him trying to strike a business deal. We couldn't get it done despite the desire to do so from both sides, because dates couldn't be confirmed while they were booking his tour last summer and by the time his tour was set, it was too late.

I think it would be really cool if two of the first four American Idol winners were to come from Birmingham. The music scene here is pretty damned good. I don't consider myself hip and "in the know" but I venture out occasionally. There are a lot of bands that make a living here playing nothing (or almost nothing) but original material.

A lot of bands also used to play here cheaply when they were first getting going. Bands such as Sister Hazel, Bare Naked Ladies, Counting Crows, John Mayer, etc. There have been tons of groups that have come through here playing in smaller venues before they hit it big. That may be true of a lot of places though. What the hell do I know. lol

As my 10 year old informed me....if you look at the AI websight and look at Mario's profile it mentions that he was/is a dancer and appeared in a few videos. Upon hearing that....my first thought was that maybe he dropped out because he is being called in the Michael Jackson case. He may know something???!!!!!!

juddling

'American Idol' Quitter Doing Letterman

21 minutes ago Entertainment - AP

NEW YORK - Although his No. 1 reason to fans and the media has been "it's personal," Mario Vazquez may reveal his top 10 reasons for withdrawing from Fox's "American Idol" on CBS' "Late Show With David Letterman" — or at least poke fun at the uproar.

According to CBS, Vasquez will present the "Top Ten List" during Tuesday's episode. The list, a silly roundup of current affairs jabs, has become synonymous with Letterman.

Recent lists include "Top Ten Messages Left on Paris Hilton's Cell Phone" and "Top Ten Secrets to Winning the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show (news - web sites)." CBS didn't reveal what list Vazquez would present or if he'd sing it.

Vazquez's true intentions behind dropping out of the talent competition have been shrouded in "Idol" rumors. Internet speculation has ranged from contract disputes to skeletons in his closet. In a telephone interview with The Associated Press Monday, Vazquez said, "It's nothing with `American Idol' in particular, it's just things I really need to take care of in my life."

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Mar 14, 2005 -> 12:49 PM)
This could be very interesting, developing story.

Apparently he dropped out for "Personal, family reasons"

But members of his family, including his Mom, have no idea what he is talking about.

According to the article, the other finalists has picked him as the odds-on favorite.

I love Weird happenings on Reality TV.

American Idol "favorite" drops out mysteriously

someone was gonna "out" him.... :P