Who saids illegals can only pick fruit?

southsider2k5

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 14, 2005 -> 01:23 PM)
Now that should make everyone feel safer.

Why not? We had Chinese spies stealing our secrets in New Mexico during the last administration. Nothing has changed. Our nuclear system is a joke, and just begging for a terrorist attack.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 14, 2005 -> 01:27 PM)
Why not?  We had Chinese spies stealing our secrets in New Mexico during the last administration.  Nothing has changed.  Our nuclear system is a joke, and just begging for a terrorist attack.

Hell, our whole border security is a joke. I wonder how many al Qaeda members have snuck across the Mexican border already. I guess we'll find out after they detonate a nuclear device in the middle of downtown LA. :wacko:

QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Mar 14, 2005 -> 10:26 PM)
Hell, our whole border security is a joke.  I wonder how many al Qaeda members have snuck across the Mexican border already.  I guess we'll find out after they detonate a nuclear device in the middle of downtown LA. :wacko:

And how's this for cynical? Nothing is gonna get done about it so they can keep it a campaign issue. Democrat leadership isn't gonna chance insulting the powerful Latino block vote & the Republicans won't risk losing their next big campaign issue to smack Democrats with like they do with abortion. Even when they have all the power, they're not going to do anything to drastically change these issues simply, and sadly, because they are political tools.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Mar 14, 2005 -> 10:44 PM)
And how's this for cynical?  Nothing is gonna get done about it so they can keep it a campaign issue.  Democrat leadership isn't gonna chance insulting the powerful Latino block vote & the Republicans won't risk losing their next big campaign issue to smack Democrats with like they do with abortion.  Even when they have all the power, they're not going to do anything to drastically change these issues simply, and sadly, because they are political tools.

Agreed. And the Dems aren't the only ones afraid to anger the Latinos. The Bush administration is also ignoring this problem simply to retain their loyalty. It's pure stupidity.