As sad as it is stupid...

QUOTE(mreye @ Mar 15, 2005 -> 03:40 PM)
My 4-16 Freshman team beat up on the Conference / Sectional Champ girls team. It was a lot of fun!  :lol:

I'm so glad to read stories like this. I hate when fans of womans basketball act like they could ever compete with men's/boy's teams.

They are two different games, it doesn't make the woman's game any worse, it's just a fact

What did you guys do? Just run them out of the gym or use physical play?

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Mar 15, 2005 -> 10:49 AM)
I'm so glad to read stories like this.  I hate when fans of womans basketball act like they could ever compete with men's/boy's teams. 

They are two different games, it doesn't make the woman's game any worse, it's just a fact

What did you guys do?  Just run them out of the gym or use physical play?

Male

chauvanist

pig!

:lol:

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Mar 15, 2005 -> 10:49 AM)
I'm so glad to read stories like this.  I hate when fans of womans basketball act like they could ever compete with men's/boy's teams. 

What did you guys do?  Just run them out of the gym or use physical play?

A little of both. The "Round Mound of Rebound" on the girl's team that led the area in scoring and rebounding was pretty easy to push around down low (I got that job) :D

I gotta assume that you guys will crush the 8th graders unless they are freakishly big or freakishly good. They gotta have at least 2 guys around 6-6, and the way I remember grade school basketball there were like 2 guys in the division that big. I know that would have been ugly comparing my grade school to my high school, we had two all-staters on varsity my freshman year, and one of them was Corey Maggette.

We played 3-on-3 action going to 11 by ones....the varsity won 11-2. We played two guys who are bench role players and a bench guy who plays less than me. The bench guy who plays less than me lit them up for 7 points. The 8th graders were flat out embarassed. We talked with them afterwards about not running their mouths and such.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Mar 15, 2005 -> 03:41 PM)
I gotta assume that you guys will crush the 8th graders unless they are freakishly big or freakishly good. They gotta have at least 2 guys around 6-6, and the way I remember grade school basketball there were like 2 guys in the division that big. I know that would have been ugly comparing my grade school to my high school, we had two all-staters on varsity my freshman year, and one of them was Corey Maggette.

Who was the other?

QUOTE(qwerty @ Mar 15, 2005 -> 11:31 PM)
Who was the other?

Chris Williams. He went to Loyola (Chicago), led the team in scoring his freshman year, then to the best of my knowledge he fell off the face of the earth. We had a monster team that year, but got screwed by the refs down state against Maine West. Our only other losses that year were a fluke at New Trier and a 1 or 2 point loss to a Quentin Richardson-led Whitney Young team that finished #2 in the country. I don't even want to think about how bad they would have smoked my poor grade school team, they'd probably have to play until 50 before the 8th graders scored.