dick vitale

Alright, kids. People hate Duke because Duke wins. Plain and simple. Not because of JJ Redick. Not because of Shelden Williams. I hate Duke because they win (but I like Coach K, strange).

Just like I dislike Kansas, Kentucky, and UNC. Because they all win, except for Kansas this year. :P

Duke didn't win tonight, I still hate them.

Duke sucks!

On a more positive note maybe JJ will get the inspiration from his terrific 4-14 shooting performance to write some wonderful poetry. Or he could just spend the offseason working on his passing...to Coach K.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Mar 18, 2005 -> 06:03 PM)
Redick 115 out of 276 3's at a .417 clip, 93% FT, .410 FG%

Stoudemire 110 out of 213 at a .512 clip, 91% FT, .512 FG%

So lets compare. Redick has 5!!! more made 3's on the year, while taking 63 more 3's, has a 2% higher FT average, and .10% less in FG%, yet Redick is the better shooter? OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK then.

Great comparison, thank you.

QUOTE(TheDybber @ Mar 24, 2005 -> 09:40 AM)
Alright, kids.  People hate Duke because Duke wins.  Plain and simple.  Not because of JJ Redick.  Not because of Shelden Williams.  I hate Duke because they win (but I like Coach K, strange). 

Just like I dislike Kansas, Kentucky, and UNC.  Because they all win, except for Kansas this year. :P

Not really

I dont like Kansas, UNC, and Duke because of the general feeling I get from the fans...it is the same reason I dont like the Cubs, Red Sox, and Yankees. You think I don't like the Cubs because they win?

About the only teams I hate because they win are the Twins and Patriots...I'm a White Sox fan and a Bills fan...so I think that the reasoning behind that is obvious.

I also hate UNC, Duke, and almost every other ACC team because I hate the ACC.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Mar 18, 2005 -> 01:03 PM)
Redick 115 out of 276 3's at a .417 clip, 93% FT, .410 FG%

Stoudemire 110 out of 213 at a .512 clip, 91% FT, .512 FG%

So lets compare. Redick has 5!!! more made 3's on the year, while taking 63 more 3's, has a 2% higher FT average, and .10% less in FG%, yet Redick is the better shooter? OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK then.

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that ButterParque has shied away from this reply?

QUOTE(Butter Parque @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 10:18 AM)
What would you like me to say.

All I know is when it cma down to it, bot shooters disappeared in the clutch. Redick against Michigan State and Stoudamire against Illinois.

In the clutch? How about disappearing all day.

Stoudamire had 9 points for the game.

Redick had 13 points for the game.

QUOTE(Butter Parque @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 10:18 AM)
What would you like me to say.

All I know is when it cma down to it, bot shooters disappeared in the clutch. Redick against Michigan State and Stoudamire against Illinois.

I'm just pimpin' you a bit, man. I lived with a Duke grad for five years, so I've just recently weaned myself from the True Blue Kool-aid.

Still hate Carolina, though. Go Spartans!

I'm sorry, are we now calling Salim not clutch because of one game? Did everyone suddenly forget about the OSU game because of a weak one against Illinois? The guy had like 8 points in the last minute including the game winner. The guy's the best shooter in the NCAA, period. One bad game doesn't change that.