White Sox Player Will Be The First To Go?

AddisonStSox

Which of these Sox will be the first to get traded?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these Sox will be the first to get traded?

• Jon Adkins
    • Joe Borchard
    • Jamie Burke
    • Felix Diaz
    • Willie Harris
    • Other
    • None

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Low Trade value: Adkins, Diaz

Some Trade value: Burke, Borchard, Harris

What Ozzie thinks of Adkins doesn't boost his value. His trade value is a combination of his numbers & his potential.

Trade high, buy low. It be foolish to trade them.

High Trade value: Koney, Rowand, Garcia, Mark, Shingo, Marte

Some Trade value: Pods, Uribe, Dye, Everett, Garland, Contreras, Vizc, Herm

Low trade value: Crede, Davis, Igs, Politte

To get a higher value in return it will cost a High & Some.

To get rid of a low you need to pkg it with a high or a some.

If Thomas is productive by mid-June, Koney is the most likely to go.

That's predicated on Gload's numbers to take over the spot, the likelihood of Koney being with the Sox in 06, AZ need for Koney at 1B, & the ChiSox desire ot add Vazquez.

If you're looking at most likely to be traded it's close between Garland & Contreras. Just about every trade scenario for a player with high trade value includes 1 of them. I'm going to give the nod to Contreras simply because he has much greater upside as a power pitcher.

I put Joe B. But seeing how Diaz is being showcased as today's SP vs the Royals, he won't be long for the sox. He could at least be a decent bullpen arm, and possible 5th starter.

He could at least bring a decent prospect who could start in AA, ala Jerry Owens for Escobar. Escobar had less value than Diaz does, and Owens has some talent

Jugger, burke is what 33 now? I know he plays multiple positions but there is no way in hell that he has more value that adkins or diaz. I can understand why you think borchard still has good value since you thought davis had any chance of him beating pierz out of spring training.

Edited by qwerty

Jugger, burke is what 33 now? I know he plays multiple positions but there is no way in hell that he has more value that adkins or diaz. I can understand why you think borchard still has good value since you thought davis had any chance of him beating pierz out of spring training.

Agreed. There are scouts in camp that are interested in Adkins. Adkins has trade value. When we signed Pierzynski and sent Jamie Burke down to Charlotte he had to clear waivers and no other team even bothered to claim him. How could Burke have any trade value if other teams had a chance to claim him but didn't even bother to?

Edited by Jabroni

I voted Willie...because I don't see any way he's going to make this team out of ST.

Borchard's value is probably at an all-time low right now...coming off 2 months in a season where he was starting pretty much everyday and he hit in the .170s(I think...maybe it was .160s).

Adkins value is probably decent right now...coming off his first year, he has good stuff and only slowed down last year when he started to be put in there everyday. Give him another year in the majors, and I could see an ERA anywhere from 3.50-4.50 and a WHIP anywhere from 1.25-1.40...which are good enough for a middle relief guy who is cheap as hell. I actually do not want to see him go anywhere, unless it is in a package for a much better player(obviously, he wouldn't be the focal point of the trade, but as an extra piece, why not?)

Diaz's value is probably pretty low too I would guess...showing no signs of doing anything in the majors at all thus far...I would guess you'd be lucky to get a decent prospect for him.

Burke has no value at all. As someone pointed out, he had to clear waivers to be knocked off the 40-man...so why would any team want to give up a player to get him?

Willie's I would guess is higher then a lot of people think. Coming off a .260/.340 season(including .280/.360 against RHP), his value is decent for a team that needs a 2Bman, or if they are very desperate, a CFer.

Therefore, I went with the person whose value is highest, and who we have virtually no spot for...that person being Willie.

As a proven ML hitter in a backup capacity Burke has trade value.

An RPG of 6.06 for 120AB is pretty good. His value won't materialize unless another team's starter goes down. In that scenario he definitely has some trade value.

To the ChiSox he represents an easy call-up if Davis should suck again.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Mar 16, 2005 -> 10:31 PM)
As a proven ML hitter in a backup capacity Burke has trade value.

An RPG of 6.06 for 120AB is pretty good.  His value won't materialize unless another team's starter goes down.  In that scenario he definitely has some trade value. 

To the ChiSox he represents an easy call-up if Davis should suck again.

Proven major league hitter?

After less than 150 AB's he's proven? :huh:

Edited by CWSGuy406

nevermind that any team in baseball could have just put a claim on him through waivers twice in the last 6+ months.  That nobody did tells you his trade value.

Why would a team claim a player off waivers with proven success in a limited role at C?

If I'm not mistaken claiming a player off waivers costs a draft pick. That's a high price to pay for bench C. That doesn't diminish the value of what that player accomplished in that limited capacity. If a team should lose a starting C & then have to platoon that position Burke suddenly becomes an option for that team.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Mar 16, 2005 -> 06:35 PM)
Why would a team claim a player off waivers with proven success in a limited role at C?

If I'm not mistaken claiming a player off waivers costs a draft pick.  That's a high price to pay for bench C.  That doesn't diminish the value of what that player accomplished in that limited capacity.  If a team should lose a starting C & then have to platoon that position Burke suddenly becomes an option for that team.

Only free agents that have been offered arbitration cost a draft pick. Players off of waivers do not that i know of. He is 33 years old has like 150 at-bats or something like that i believe someone said. He has trade value plain and simple. Please give it up already.

why does everone say we should get rid of PK and have gload play? i would be pissed off if we got rid of PK. who would be the face of the team(not including Ozzie) aaron? we nned a big time bat in the middle. no one currently in our opening day lineup has driven in 100+ runs recently.

PK :headbang

gloads been awesome off the bench, if it aint broke, dont fix it. who would come off the bench (L) timo?

Only free agents that have been offered arbitration cost a draft pick. Players off of waivers do not that i know of. He is 33 years old has like 150 at-bats or something like that i believe someone said. He has trade value plain and simple. Please give it up already.

Agreed, give it up. The only thing a team would have lost is their waiver priority, not a draft pick. Burke has zero trade value, as much as you hate to admit it. If he did, a team would have claimed him already when they had the chance.

Edited by Jabroni

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/stor...yson&id=1860265

http://espn.go.com/mlb/s/1999/0908/46397.html.

Both these links are very good in explaining the various rules. I believe you are right that the team loses it's waiver priority which only comes into play if they were competing with another team to claim a player on waivers.

Between Aug & Aug 31 the rules change. The claim only affords the team the right to seek a trade. If a player changes it's mind or can't come to agreement it can pull the player off waivers 1 time. The next time the player is put on waivers no trade is required to make a claim.

I will agree that Burke's value was not high enough to where any team was willing to risk their waiver priority on Burke. Simply put that means at least 60 C had higher value than Burke. I don't dispute that. But I contend that if 1 of the 60 should get hurt Burke is probably on a short list as a possible replacement.

Yes it's only 120AB, but

VS. LEFT: .311 / .787 VS. RIGHT: .356 / .804 HOME: .338 / .804 AWAY: .327 / .783

is impressive.

Of course one could say that Davis is more likely to be traded/released than Burke.