Vikings signed QB Brad Johnson

http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/p...ort=NFL&id=2160

Latest News  Mar. 16, 2005 - 2:23 pm et

Vikings signed Brad Johnson to four-year, $6 million contract, that includes a $1.2 million signing bonus and a $2.2 million total payout in the first year.

The deal includes a $1.2 million signing bonus and a $2.2 million total payout in the first year. So much for looking for playing time. Johnson will be Daunte Culpepper's next capable backup. Chicago and Seattle are still looking for backups, but the QB carousel just stopped.

Damn. I guess Jeff Blake is still available.

If the bears want a good back up, they should go after Packers Craig Nall, i'm a packers fan so ive seen him play and he's pretty sharp. He's restricted free agent but i think its like a 5 round pick.

Some other QB that were behind Brett Favre for a while - Matt Hassleback, Mark Brunell, Aaron Brooks.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Mar 16, 2005 -> 01:59 PM)
If the bears want a good back up, they should go after Packers Craig Nall, i'm a packers fan so ive seen him play and he's pretty sharp.  He's restricted free agent but i think its like a 5 round pick. 

Some other QB that were behind Brett Favre for a while - Matt Hassleback, Mark Brunell, Aaron Brooks.

This guy wasn't too bad either.

warner_012702.jpg

That about does it in terms of decent available backups.

Angelo really dropped the ball with Fielder.  Apparently, Fiedler was deeply offended by the Bear's offer.

Well, the current depth chart:

1) Grossman

2) Hutchinson

3) Kitner

Fiedler is a loser with no arm. Did you see the ridiculously stupid picks he threw last season? I know he had no offensive line but damn, it was almost like he was trying to throw the ball to the other team's players.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 16, 2005 -> 04:31 PM)
Yep.  The best free agent QB's left are Jeff Blake and Quincy Carter.  Since Carter is a coke-head, I would take my chances on Blake.

I thought Angelo said this wasn't going to happen again this year...not having a proper backup behind Grossman. This is bulls***. So if Rex goes down again, we're f***ed again. Nice.

I thought Angelo said this wasn't going to happen again this year...not having a proper backup behind Grossman.  This is bulls***.  So if Rex goes down again, we're f***ed again.  Nice.

I would be fine with Jeff Blake. He showed he still has an arm when he played for the Ravens in 2002 and the Cardinals in 2003. He would be a decent backup.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 16, 2005 -> 02:50 PM)
Fiedler is a loser with no arm.  Did you see the ridiculously stupid picks he threw last season?  I know he had no offensive line but damn, it was almost like he was trying to throw the ball to the other team's players.

Fiedler was the best option for the Bears. Hands down. If they would have landed him, it would have been a first-class signing.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 08:31 AM)
Yep.  The best free agent QB's left are Jeff Blake and Quincy Carter.  Since Carter is a coke-head, I would take my chances on Blake.

QC: "But, but I didn't do nothing!!!" :nono

Jay Fiedler sucked. You're better off with Craig Krenzel. I would sign Carter over Blake, but wouldn't mind Blake. Carter was a sharp backup last year and has proved he could play. I honestly think the Bears should just resign Jeff George though. He knows every offense basically and he could throw the ball deep.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Mar 16, 2005 -> 09:55 PM)
Jay Fiedler sucked. You're better off with Craig Krenzel. I would sign Carter over Blake, but wouldn't mind Blake. Carter was a sharp backup last year and has proved he could play. I honestly think the Bears should just resign Jeff George though. He knows every offense basically and he could throw the ball deep.

Surely you're joking.

Krenzel>Fiedler. Please tell me you aren't serious.

Krenzel won't even be on the squad next year. He looked terrible, he has no future in the NFL. Good guy, but get him the hell off my team.

However, I agree on the George point. He should be resigned, and I think he will.

I anticipate the Bears carrying four QBs on the roster.

1) Grossman

2) Hutchinson

3) Kitner

4) George

Surely you're joking.

Krenzel>Fiedler.  Please tell me you aren't serious.

Krenzel won't even be on the squad next year.  He looked terrible, he has no future in the NFL.  Good guy, but get him the hell off my team.

However, I agree on the George point.  He should be resigned, and I think he will.

I anticipate the Bears carrying four QBs on the roster.

1) Grossman

2) Hutchinson

3) Kitner

4) George

The Bears aren't going to carry 4 QB's on their roster next season. If they re-sign George it will be Grossman, George, and Hutch. What team carries 4 QB's?

why would he do this? did they offer him more money then the bears he rather go be a back up and most likely never play, in minnisota then be the bears backup were he would most likely see action by mid season. this is s*** in the face. o well welcome Shawn King welcome!