Cell Phone Poll

rangercal

What Cell company do you belong to?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. What Cell company do you belong to?

• Tmobile
    • Cingular
    • at&t wireless
    • verizon
    • US Cellular
    • sprint pcs
    • nextel
    • alltel
    • I dont own a cell phone
    • other

My buddy and I were downtown the other day and we were counting how many people were on their cell phones. I think it took us 2 minutes to count close to 50 people. Our society has changed a lot in 15 years. 15 y/os have cells these days. what cell companies do you all use?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 06:47 AM)
Cingular, and they suck.  They drop all kinds of calls and are real assholes to work with.  I can't wait for my contract to be up so I can drop these losers.

I love Cingular! I had Cell One - not too bad, but wanted a change. I went to SBC, which became Verizon. They were the absolute worst! I then went back to Cell One, which was called Cingular by then. I've been there ever since. I've never had any problems with dropped calls or bad cells. I'm on my 2nd contract with them and I'll gladly sign a third.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 07:21 AM)
Never had one and never wanted one, but I have a feeling that will change in the forseeable future. *sigh*

You're just saying that because they're not available in Kentucky yet. :P

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 06:47 AM)
Cingular, and they suck.  They drop all kinds of calls

QUOTE(mreye @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 07:47 AM)
Verizon. They were the absolute worst! I then went back to Cell One, which was called Cingular by then. I've been there ever since. I've never had any problems with dropped calls or bad cells.

In my experience, I've noticed that different companies have their strengths in different areas. Cingular and Verizon are both much better in rural areas than Sprint, for example. And Sprint seems to be more reliable in urban areas, whereas they're worthless at times out in the country.

The brand of phone is also a factor. I've had very good reception and very few dropped calls with Sanyo and Nokia phones. On the other hand, my experience with Samsung phones has been very poor.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 09:17 AM)
In my experience, I've noticed that different companies have their strengths in different areas.  Cingular and Verizon are both much better in rural areas than Sprint, for example.  And Sprint seems to be more reliable in urban areas, whereas they're worthless at times out in the country.

The brand of phone is also a factor.  I've had very good reception and very few dropped calls with Sanyo and Nokia phones.  On the other hand, my experience with Samsung phones has been very poor.

I've yet to have a dropped call and I've been with Cellular One/Cingular for about 7 years now. The worst phone I had was an Erickson (sp?). I swear by Nokias.

I've never had a problem with making a call (reception included) no matter where I call from be it corn fields or the Pacific Ocean (okay, about 100 yards from the actual ocean, but you know what I mean lol).

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 09:29 AM)
I've yet to have a dropped call and I've been with Cellular One/Cingular for about 7 years now.  The worst phone I had was an Erickson (sp?).  I swear by Nokias. 

I've never had a problem with making a call (reception included) no matter where I call from be it corn fields or the Pacific Ocean (okay, about 100 yards from the actual ocean, but you know what I mean lol).

I bought the tmobile color sidekick in 03. I dropped that thing and it broke right away. In a matter of 9 months I had 4 sidekicks replaced ( good thing I had a warranty) lol .

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 09:26 AM)
I started with Cellular One in 1998 and then my account was sold to Cingular (or Cell One was bought, something like that).  Just added Brian to my account to share the minutes I get.

We had a Cellular One here in Rockford but it changed to US Cellular, not Cingular... :huh

Anyway that's what I've had since 1998 or so. Haven't really had any major problems with them.

Having a cell phone has saved my ass more times than I can remember. Most of the time it involves being on some country road or interstate in the middle of nowhere and my car breaking down...

How did we ever survive without them???

Alltel?

Which is the one that had that little pink alien walking around?

Seriously, though. It took me awhile to break into the Cellphone nation. The ones drive and talk really piss me off :finger

and the ones who talk really loud in public piss me off, too :finger

Two reasons, why it took me so long to get one.

Enough ranting.

BTW, I have Verizon and we've never had a problem. The wife and I have the family plan.

I have T-Mobile. I haven't had any major problems with it. The only place I haven't gotten service is in buildings at my school. But once I'm near a window it's fine. Also since I don't get service in buildings on campus, it means I'm not one of those people whose phone goes off in class. I really hate that.