Congressional hearing thread

rangercal

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Senator Brown questioning why the Union has been dragging their feet on this issue. I love her.

Also.. the Chaiman made a point to say that there are players going to speak today who are AGAINST roid usage.

QUOTE(beck72 @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 11:02 AM)
the R- rep from MI/ Tigers fan said she was "glad no one from the Tigers was on any of the panels". Is she an idiot or didn't she get a memo that Frank and Schilling have never been involved in taking steriods?

also she must not have read canseco's book or she would know he implicated I-Rod, who last time I checked was a member of the tigers.

QUOTE(beck72 @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 10:02 AM)
the R- rep from MI/ Tigers fan said she was "glad no one from the Tigers was on any of the panels". Is she an idiot or didn't she get a memo that Frank and Schilling have never been involved in taking steriods?

There was no one from the Tigers good enough to be suspected of using steroids :bang

QUOTE(marsh @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 10:03 AM)
also she must not have read canseco's book or she would know he implicated I-Rod, who last time I checked was a member of the tigers.

Not all girls are as into the sport as those that post here. ;)

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 10:06 AM)
Rumors go back into the 80's with roids.  There are stories of speed and coke use back into the 70's.

Fay Vincent said he heard rumors when he was commish. He "left" in '92.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 10:06 AM)
Fay Vincent said he heard rumors when he was commish.  He "left" in '92.

My dad told me some stories from the late 80's... very, very detailed. And I've heard tons of rumors from some players (both former and current)

I just wonder what the rest of the world is thinking when they see the American government obsessed with America's past-time.

As I see it the real purpose of this hearing was to show the nation & the world that we take our laws seriously & that no one is above the law. Yet I don't see that message coming out in these hearings.

QUOTE(marsh @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 04:03 PM)

good call. She must think it's normal for a guy in his 30's to lose 22 pounds of muscle in one year.

Here's the problem with taking away player's records. There must be players in baseball who were using juice and didn't break any recaords. Maybe they averaged .280 and had 20 homers, but were juising nonetheless. Myabe those guys who not have made the bigs without juice. Aren't those guys just as guilty? They made millions of dollars off of tickets that we all bought.....and if so, where do draw the line?