Congressional hearing thread

rangercal

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 11:55 AM)
Mr. Hooten is being way more PC, and nice, than I would be... no way in hell that coach didn't know what was going on with that kid.

Which is also the way he can be the most effective. Kudos to him. He's no dummy.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 11:58 AM)
Holy s***... "the scouts encourage roid use..."

I know that is just his opinion.. but did I hear that right..?

You heard it right. And while it's only his opinion, it makes perfect sense.

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 11:59 AM)
Yikes...

"Players are known to be deceptive in urine collection.. "

That's more common sense. If they would risk their health to cheat, they cheat by going through a loophole.

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 12:58 PM)
Holy s***... "the scouts encourage roid use..."

I know that is just his opinion.. but did I hear that right..?

The way he said it makes sense...they scout a kid after the game...go up to him and say nice fastball kid..or nice power...you should probably try and bulk up a little...something along those lines.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 12:00 PM)
The way he said it makes sense...they scout a kid after the game...go up to him and say nice fastball kid..or nice power...you should probably try and bulk up a little...something along those lines.

I get it...

I'm sorry guys.. I guess I am just floored at some of the things that are being said. I did not think it would be like this at all. Those guys got big brass ones. Kudos to them.

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 12:02 PM)
I get it...

I'm sorry guys.. I guess I am just floored at some of the things that are being said. I did not think it would be like this at all. Those guys got big brass ones. Kudos to them.

I agree, up to now. They are not pulling their punches. Let's see what happens when it's the players or Selig and Fehr on the hot seat.

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 12:59 PM)
Yikes...

"Players are known to be deceptive in urine collection.. "

Reminded me of a funny story. In the eighties Lawrence Taylor took a drug test, and afterward the lab couldn't figure out what to make of the sample.

After three weeks of tests, they figured out it was apple juice.

I've been watching since about 11 and this is flat out boring. They aren't going to get anything out of this except kids, don't use steroids. That kid's manager who had 20 players on the team taking steroids has to be an idiot not to realize what's going on and not showing the kid a proper diet(giving him a list to eat).

QUOTE(Spiff @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 12:06 PM)
Reminded me of a funny story.  In the eighties Lawrence Taylor took a drug test, and afterward the lab couldn't figure out what to make of the sample.

After three weeks of tests, they figured out it was apple juice.

LOL ... I just knew you were going to say he was pregnant!

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 12:07 PM)
I've been watching since about 11 and this is flat out boring. They aren't going to get anything out of this except kids, don't use steroids. That kid's manager who had 20 players on the team taking steroids has to be an idiot not to realize what's going on and not showing the kid a proper diet(giving him a list to eat).

Stop watching...? :huh